Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's ya fav 3d shooting game?

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb What's ya fav 3d shooting game?

I just want to know what was everyone elses favourite shooting game. I like Unreal Tournament the best then I like Quake 3 Arena.

Lightbulb

Single player - Half Life is the best 3D shooter I've played. And I've been playing them since before Doom and even before Wolfenstien 3D.

Multi-player - Unreal Tourn. is what I predict will be my favorite after I get my Athlon system up. But for now I still play A LOT of Quake 2...mostly the mod TOURNAMENT and in rail-only matches.

Lightbulb

For fast paced non-stop action Unreal Tournement can't be beat. But I'd have to agree with OuTpaTienT, Half-Life is the best game EVER!

Moose

Lightbulb

Best single player for me is Halflife. Best Multiplayer is HalfLife-TFC..best of all they come in the same box!
    Second on both would be UT.

Lightbulb

The single player HL experience can only be discribed as epic. OppFor, though short, upped the ante even more. For a conventional FPS, this was it, and still is. CS is a great MP game as well.

Rouge Spear, wow, haveing to actully care if you get shot adds so much feeling to a game. Some of the levels are SOOOOOOOOO freak'n hard!!! (Airplane).

System Shock 2. The only game to cause me more fear than getting surpised by a headcrab. It's probably one of the most unconventional FPS ever....almost an RPG.

Theif, I got it with my sound card, havn't played it much yet, but I hear great things about it all the time. It's also unconventional.

Seams I like the FPS more that arn't mostly about run and gunning.

Thumbs up

Hey guys...the best game out there is Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Rogue Spear. The most realistic game, and intense game there is.

Hey Moose...I am getting a different cable modem today...you should come with me.

Later guys,
    Ranger

Cool

Hey Ranger-
    Yes Rogue Spear is good, but even it can't compete with Half-Life. There is a reason that reviewers everywhere are calling it the best game ever. Dust off you copy and lets kick some but!

Moose

Arrow

Swat3 annihilates Rogue Spear so much it's not funny. Swat3 is 99999999999 times better than rogue spear, cause u have more control over yer units, the AI is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Rogue Spears poor effort, and the missions and atomsphere are better. Swat3 Forever! Just wait till the Multoplayer addon comes out for it! That'll be sweet.

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

half life is the best all around. loved it, loved opposing force and CS is awesome.

Lightbulb

Swat3 is cute, but it's no Rouge Spear IMHO. It's not nearly as deep, or challageing....there's no real mission planing (thus no real stratagy), and the equipment selection is a joke. The graphics have one up on RS, but the levels don't compare.

To each there own, but Swat3 is not "99999999999 times better than rogue spear"

Lightbulb

Half Life: Oposing Force and Unreal not UT. Quake 3 is OK too.

Banned

Question

hey OuTpaTienT, what fps's came out before wolfenstien? how old is wolfenstien now anyway, it was so cool when i came out

Lightbulb

Its a progressive series over time! Wolfenstein 3d- good
    Spear of Destiny! the devil scares me
    Doom - good
    Rise of the Triad - cool, 2 guns
    Duke Nukem3d - wow, Real good
    Quake - Real good
    Rainbow Six - wow, cool
    Half-Life - I can't believe how great it is!
    Thief - weird fun, I like to blackjack!

Banned

Lightbulb

The original Unreal sucks ****, especially Multiplayer even Quake 1 would be better for multi and Quake II just kicks Unreal ***. UT would be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than the original Unreal.

Joel Kleppinger

Lightbulb

Let's just put it this way:

FPS were just benchmarks to me before UT. It's the first and only FPS I've actually enjoyed playing. (I'm a diehard racing/sports game fan)