Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's ya fav 3d shooting game?

Banned

Cool

UT here, definately. But, inherited a copy of Quake III, thought that would be cool. But, I can't get all of the buttons on my Logitech Digital Thunderpad to work. With only 4 buttons and my 8-way direction, well it sucks. All buttons work in UT, and I think it rocks!

Mike

Lightbulb

Soldier of Fortune... Oh yeah!

XT

Lightbulb

Yep.. all hail the new King of shooters, SOF. That is, until the Q3Fortress mod is released Sunday 4/1...

Lightbulb

Rogue Spear and Half Life get the vote(s) for me. I've played RS a whole lot more than HL because I'm more of a realism fan (very much into military guns, etc). That's not to say that HL was bad - it just wasn't EXACTLY my style.

SWAT 3 was a HUGE dissapointment. I played the demo and thought it sucked compared to RS. Like others said, you have no control over your units and the weapons suck! The only cool thing is that you can shoot through walls.

Warthog

Thumbs up

Well Half Life multiplayer CS beta 6.1 is so good !!!

System Shock played on a dolby surround sound system can make you ****-in-pants.
    The AI is real good...sometimes.

Another not bad game is Shadowman (2 hand usage)

Lightbulb

Quake 3 sucks ***, Unreal Tournament is one of the best I've ever played...but COUNTER-STRIKE IS THE FRIGGIN' BEST!@@@@!!!!@!@!!@!!

Cool

Hey Q3A DOESNT SUCK! UT SUCKS! hehe

my favorite is Rogue Spear also, I recently got the addon for it too (Urban Operations). That is also kickass, has some new missions and some older ones from the original Rainbow Six. My next favorite is Q3A. Glad to see so many fellow gamers out there!

-Rob

Thumbs up

Half-Life is the best overall, IMHO. It has a different feel than Quake or UT. Action and Counterstrike are excellent HL Mods too.

UT gets an honorable mention for a great look and excellent internet multiplayer code. Thee look and feel of standing on the outside of Phobos moon is so authentic it makes me nauseous.

UnrealT, then half-life, then quake3, then SOF are my favs.
    IMO, quake3 has more eye-candy and the action is faster, but unrealT has much better levels and the pace is perfect...it also looks realistic as compared to q3.
    quake3 is just another tired rehash of the doom series anyways, and unrealT has awesome weapons.

[This message has been edited by Amorpheous (edited 04-11-2000).]

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

counter strike is by far the best that i have played...i haven't been so addicted since wolfenstein 3d...

Banned

Lightbulb

i used to play tribes quite abit, the graphics arn't great, but it's the only multiplayer fps i enjoy, i honestly prefer single player games, i loved halflife, i also really enjoyed blood 2 for some reason.
    the people i know how play tribes swear by it, and drool over the tribes 2 videos that are out.

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Now I think that Quake III sucks dirt, now I have played Half-Life at my friend's house I reckon' it rocks, but I still like Unreal Tournament better though. Quake III went a bit boring after a while it feels a lot like Quake I (weapons, feel, gameplay etc.) But Quake III would of course have better graphics and sound than the old Quake I. Still like Quake II though...

Lightbulb

I must admit I'm a pretty big fan of Quake 3. Sure, it sucks as a single player game. Sure, there's no real objective to it. But, when I need to vent frustration, there's no better way to do it than to get online and start fragging... for no reason at all. For me, storylines just get in the way of the action.

Not to mention, of course, the graphics are killer.

Now, if I really want to THINK about what I'm doing, I play Civilization...

Thumbs up

HL & Op4 Single player was the best I have ever played. Too bad they didn't include built-in COOP, so now I have to do itmyself with various console commands.
    HL has a much higher replay value than UT or any of the other games I have played. I think it is because of how balanced the weapons are. HL will always be a milestone in 1st person-shooters, and it should set the standard for future 1st person shooters.
    I think every 1st person game should have it's own unique single-player experience, a storyline and NO BOTS(for single player experiences). For example, Unreal had a great storyline and it's single player-experience was right up to par with HL's single player(in my opinion).

Seti, as for Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear, if you find some levels to be too hard or impossible, this game is easily modified. I gave all the enemies horrible stats and game my reserves 100% in every category. I also allowed myself access to all of the stages

Frozen

Thumbs up

I've played Quake II, Half Life, Half Life: Opposing Forces, Shadowman, Unreal, Kingpin, Soldier of Fortune, etc...

The only game I keep coming back to time and time again is Unreal Tournament. There are so many custom maps out there, then you add mutators, and the play online is fantastic. The possibilites are limitless!