Thread: I got the gaming blues

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb I got the gaming blues

Ok so Starcraft is a little old and I am tired of the MMPORPG scene. I just got in tribes and rogue spear, but they kinda suck. Man I need a good game to take out my frustrations on. Whats the best game you are playing right now?

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Doesn't it sy something great for a game when people are just NOW getting tired of starcraft? Man I love that game.

The only game I play now is Everquest...im stuck in there. cant get out, cant get out!!! And I seriously was going to try the sims but I hear it was no good. Boarder Zone, however, i still plan on getting sometime.

Talking

Try One of the Need for Speed Series of games. Need for Speed 3 was just released as a EA classic and goes for 14.99 everywhere. NFS High Stakes was just reduced from 44.99 to 19.99 here at Media Play. <Buffalo NY>. Need for Speed 1 and 2 are ok, but not the best, and Porsche Unleased <NFS5> Is going for too much. 49.99 here!

XT

Cool

Well I think the best game for relieving tention has to be Unreal Tournoment. great weapons and visuals, runs excellent on multiplayer. DONT buy Delta Force 2 runs like a dog even on top machines. I found games like Swat 3, Rainbow 6 and the like to lack the replayability fun factor. Quake 3 is also fun as is Wheel of Time.

Lightbulb

Get NFS5, the game is great. I got it for 44.95 USD at Best Buy the next day it came out and now, a week later, it is only 29.99
    Anyways, I love this game.
    Another one is AOEII (Age of Empires II), the best strategy I have ever seen!

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Wheel of time! That must be based on Robert Jordan's series of books. Cool. I did not know that was out yet.

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Star Trek Armada.

Somewhat buggy, but all will be fixed in a patch.

THE STORY LINE IS AWESOME.

Also, great units.

And, if you know how to hack the engine, you can customize it quite easily (actually hack the engine settings, not the engine!)

Yes Wheel of Time is based on his books. The game is based on the Unreal engine and has Great graphics, Its a FPS but you are a women in it and you dont use traditional weapons, more of spells etc. Its a pretty tough game but also a breath of fresh air to traditional shooters.

Cool

NFS3 & 4 were great games. I'm sure the Unleashed will rock. As far as frustration management goes, I always enjoy a Half-Life TFC game. It's one thing to frag a bot, but it's so much more enjoyable to juice a live person that hates to loose. Ofcourse, a non-telephone line connection is the best way to do it. Can't wait for TFC2!

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

MMMM me gaming juices are flowing again

And yes Starcraft was the best game I have ever played, hands down. I can't WAIT for Warcaft III coming out later this year. Armada sounds interesting, is it a real time strat like Starcraft ?

[This message has been edited by wyvrn (edited 04-05-2000).]

Lightbulb

PCnerd, I had the same deal with Delta Force 2. I got it for $40, and 2 weeks later it was $30...this was also at Best Buy. I went back with my receipt and they gave me $10 cash...give it a shot if it's not been too long since u bought it...

Butler

Lightbulb

Thanx, Butler. I'll try to do that, if I can find my receipt.

Lightbulb

man wyvrn I'm right where you are. I need something good, something that I can play for an hour or so when I get time. I really thought that Rogue spear would be it but I can't get into it.
    chipbgt is everquest good if you can only play a little at a time?
    I don't dig the car games.

Lightbulb

I can't wait for Starlancer. I LOVED freespace 2 and the previews are saying it's even better!

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Well, UT really rox!! Unfortunatly, I havn't played it in weeks, I havn't got my new PSU and mobo I think I'm having withdrawl symptoms...