Thread: NFS- Porsche Unleashed

Hybrid View

Lightbulb NFS- Porsche Unleashed

Anyone else have the game or demo? Another superb driving Sim from EA! The car drives like a real car,the rear end gets squirrely on boost, and it sounds just like the air cooled Porsche flat-6! If you have a trace of Porsche-envy, I suggest getting it or the demo asap.

Hey Joel, it has your boxster...

[This message has been edited by Toadman (edited 04-13-2000).]

Lightbulb

I got the game the next day it came out, I love it, I guess I am hooked on NFS series. Can't wait for NFS:Motor City (September of 2000) and also there is a rumor about NFS6:Hot Pursuit2. Anyways, go to http://www.nfscheats.com and you will find it there.

[This message has been edited by PCnerd (edited 04-13-2000).]

Lightbulb

Yup! I have it. I have every single Need For Speed, 1-5. 1 is good, but cruddy looking, 2d only, II is good, II SE uses Voodo I only. 3 is amazing, <still my fav> 4 is great and 5 is a bit disappointing, but good nonetheless.

Joel Kleppinger

Lightbulb

I'm not the boxster man. That would be Scott. I probably will skip this title since Porsche-only racing doesn't get ahold of my heart. High Stakes was an excellent title - best of the series.

Smile

Is High Stakes worth getting? I absolutely loved NFS3! Me and a friend would team up against the cops and play for hours. I'm more of a Hot Pursuit fan than flat out racing.

I think the most fun part of any game is making and downloading mods for it. With NFS3 I had all my favorite cars to run circles around the cops.

Anyways, you think I'd enjoy it?

Warthog

Lightbulb

Joel, I felt the same way, but PU rocks. The new engine gives it a lot more.....soul IMO. The emersion level is higher. The levels are amazeing too, laps suck. Graphics are great...the game is wonderful, and there's a lot of cars even if they're all porsche.

Oh yeah, one bad thing...the lack of a hot pursuit mode...that one hurts.

[This message has been edited by seti (edited 04-13-2000).]

Lightbulb

Warthog, I don't have NFS:HS, but from what I have heard it is a great game, I am thinking of getting it myself. There are tons of track with multiple routs and also there are more cars for it than for NFSIII (Tracks and Cars made by users, not EA). I'd recommend it for anybody.

Visit this site, http://www.nfscheats.com

[This message has been edited by PCnerd (edited 04-13-2000).]

Question

Has anyone found out where the 928 and 959 Porsches are ? They're in the game, but we have to download them to race. I still haven't seen them anywhere...

Lightbulb

They will be availabe from http://www.needforspeed.com and of course the first sites to get them are the fan sites.
    http://www.nfscheats.com THE BEST THERE IS!

Lightbulb

Woohoo! I just bought NFS4: High Stakes!!

Saw it at Sam's Club for $16.93. So far it is pretty fun. Thanks for telling me to get it!

Warthog

Lightbulb

All tracks in NFS3 are available in NFS4 with the cheat enabled or game completed in its entirety(sp). Love that Mclaren!