Thread: Midtown Madness Madness

Question Midtown Madness Madness

I just recently recieved Midtown Madness installed. I can turn all the graphics options on/off, play in any resolution (high or low), you name it, but every other second in the game a get a pause that is SO annoying and makes it impossible to play.

I tried turning everything off in my system tray, and just had Explorer running. No help. Every other game I play doesn't seem to have a problem. Here my system setup:

Abit BM6 w/celeron 366@550
    Diamond Viper v770 32MB w/5.08 drivers
    Sound Blaster Live!
    128MB PC100

thanks

Wink

Wow, even though this message was posted on 4:01 on 4-01, it isn't an April Fool's joke...

Mntsnow

Talking

LOL whats the chances of that???

Mntsnow

Lightbulb

I had to rub my eyes and take a look at it twice. That's pretty odd

Lightbulb

This is going to sound weird, But do you have a network card and/or are you on a network? A few games did this and also along with windows. Seemed the games were sampling for network play and my card was sampling for DHCP. Assiging the card a I.P address solved this. Weird I know, But its true.

XT

Lightbulb

No networking card here.
    I think though, I've found the problem, just no solution.

I've been using 2.08 drivers for my TNT2 forever now. Finally, I decided to upgrade them because I couldn't select a resolution past 640x480 in MM. I installed 3.77, Quake 3 ran just fine, but it seemed all my Direct3D games locked up or shuttered (like MM) I've tried 3.68 and 5.xx but with no luck. I've gotten 2.17 installed, and running just fine (OpenGL and Direct3D) but I still can't select anything higher than 640x480 in MM. I could before with other drivers though, and I can now in other D3D games (rollcage 2) with a problem.

I dunno. ::scratches head::

[This message has in no way been edited by oxOGradiusOxo (created 04-04-2000).]