Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ECCp-109 TA/SO

Neo770, try this out.
    http://www.zerothelement.com/hosted/mv.shtml

It's a GUI addon for F@H and G@H.

I just joined ECCp-109 I am excited to get cracking more stuff. More machines will be coming up tommrow. Does anyone know of a way to get the ECCp client to run as a service like Dnet could be made to do?

Undeadlord

I'm with the undead one...any ideas about running as a service? Some of my herd will continue to run DNET until we can figure out a way to run as a service.

Here is a little help for the ECCp-109 client:

Sneakernet:
    If you have a computer that never has an internet connection, you can still run this code. Assuming you get the software installed properly, you can "trick" another machine into returning the results for you. The file that contains the results to be sent is called 'dplist'. You will simply concatenate this file with the one on an internet-connected machine. The easiest way to do this is:
    1. MOVE the dplist file from the non-connected machine to a floppy. Or, better still, copy it to floppy and rename the file on the machine to something different (i.e., dplist.6_26) just in case the floppy is defective.
    2. From a DOS window, find the eccp109 directory on the connected machine.
    3. While eccp109 is NOT running on the connected machine, do:
    more a:\dplist >> dplist
    This will concatenate the results from the floppy with the existing results on the connected machine. It's very important to have '>>' instead of just '>'; the extra '>' means concatenate, so you don't wipe out results on the destination machine. It's also important to MOVE the dplist file (or copy and rename), and not just copy it.

Here are the command line switches for running the ECCp-109 client. To use them, it is similar to the RC5 client, open a DOS window, change to your ECCp-109 directory and type: eccp109 -9 (to install the client as a service on a Win9X machine)

-h : this help screen
    -i : install client as service on Windows NT/2000
    -r : run as normal client in foreground
    -u : uninstall client from service on Windows NT/2000
    -v : display version info and install status
    -9 : install as a service on WIn9x

Edit> Running the Linux version:
    The first time you run it, do it from an interactive terminal since it will ask you for some input the first time. After that, you can set it up to run automatically in the background at your favorite priority, or whatever you want (Just be careful that you don't start multiple copies of it in the same filespace!). If your box is permenantly connected, you can give it -xmit to automatically return distinguished points as they are found. If not, do
    ./eccp109 -xmit-only
    periodically when a connection is available to return results. If everything is on an ext2 filesystem, you should even be able to do this while another copy of the program is running in the background. But if not (or even just to be safe) you may want to suspend any active eccp109 process while you are sending these results. If everything is on NFS, you really should do this.
    If you're running it with an active terminal, you can give it a -v as well to see some status info.

I believe Virus is building a proxy for the team and should have it ready in a few days

[This message has been edited by randy48 (edited 08-05-2001).]

I have made my decision. ECCP it is. Let's get it going. More clients up on Monday.

I should take a picture of those stats. That will be the last time I beat Randy.

User : DP new DP (% of team total)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. thehig : 97 97 (27.478754%)
    2. Randy48 : 88 88 (24.929178%)
    3. BKehoe : 45 45 (12.747875%)
    4. ssgmess : 37 37 (10.481586%)
    5. F4_Hunter : 26 26 (7.365439%)
    6. Haynboi : 21 21 (5.949008%)
    7. virus : 17 17 (4.815864%)
    8. surrealchereal : 15 15 (4.249292%)
    9. neo770 : 5 5 (1.416431%)
    10. auatech : 2 2 (0.566572%)
    [This message has been edited by thehig (edited 08-05-2001).]

While working on the different version of the ECCp client. I found the command line version is upto 8% faster then the Tray and Screen Saver versions. I have not tested the Multi-Processor version yet. My guess is that it may be the fastest.

UPDATE:

My freashly recompiled versions are faster. The original command line version is slightly slower then the Tray version.

[This message has been edited by Virus (edited 08-05-2001).]

I joined the team with my two home machines. We need a new name to call them though. Cows just won't cut it. I am hesitant to call it hamsters because of a notorious thread in the forum.

The damage has begun

In it's first few hours TA/SO has moved into 41st place Granted, there are only 56 teams, but as we grow, we will become a force in the Distributed Community to be recconded with! ECCP is only the beginning! As we mature in this joint endeavor, no contest will stand a chance!

Welcome Team TA/SO:

ECCp-109 Team Stats as of
    Sun Aug 5 13:53:40 2001

(GMT - 5:00 / US - IN)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TA/SO

Total DP : 1091211
    Team Total: 353
    new DP since last update: 353

User : DP new DP (% of team total)
    1. thehig : 97 97 (27.478754%)
    2. Randy48 : 88 88 (24.929178%)
    3. BKehoe : 45 45 (12.747875%)
    4. ssgmess : 37 37 (10.481586%)
    5. F4_Hunter : 26 26 (7.365439%)
    6. Haynboi : 21 21 (5.949008%)
    7. virus : 17 17 (4.815864%)
    8. surrealchereal : 15 15 (4.249292%)
    9. neo770 : 5 5 (1.416431%)
    10. auatech : 2 2 (0.566572%)

Is the client stable enough to run on a computer that is used as a fax server?

It's an AMD K-2 300MHz, Windows 98.

Isos,

I think the client is stable enough, but I would think it would depend on the modem type. If you have good hardware modems then I don;t think the client would be a big deal. But those "winmodem" that run off the CPU??? eh it might not cause a prob but would you really want to find out the hard way?

Undeadlord

It's a Winmodem.

hi all, if someone wouldn't mind, i'd like some help getting involved in this. after all this stuff i'm a bit leary of loading anything on the system i support at work, but i do have a NT server that i wouldn't mind loading it on. I also have 3 mediocre computers at home that don't do much but sit around and look pretty anyway. so.... where do i go? how do i sign up? feel free to mail me if you don't want to waste the space telling my dumb **** how to get going! thanks.

Hi kriisten, here's the link to the project's site, here you can read about it, get the client, and join the team:
    http://www.nd.edu/~cmonico/eccp109/

Setting up the client is easy! Download, install and enter your Handle (User name), e-mail address, and real name, proxy info if needed. Clcik the Icon on the desktop to start it, once it has finished some work, click the button to send, go to the home page, click on Join team, enter your e-mail address and TA/SO for the team name. That's it! It does not download work like RC5, it uses the time/date and some other stuff to get the numbers to crunch, pretty neat! And also it only sends completed work when you want it to, daily, weekly, etc!

You're not dumb kriisten, you just need some help like I did when I first came to Distributed Computing. First, you NEED permission! I don't want anyone else endup being sued and being thrown in the slammer.
    So, get permission, then go here for the ECCp-109 client: http://www.nd.edu/~cmonico/eccp109/
    Click in the upper left where it says "The Software". Download the correct version and double-click the install, follow the on-screen instructions and after it does a test, your now crackin! It's just that easy.
    If you have any questions, just post'em here at SysOpt.
    (So now I'm an expert at this? )