Thread: RoadRunner Troubles

RoadRunner Troubles

Here's the story:

Whenever there is a thunderstorm or any type of lightning my RR connection goes down for a small period of time. Sometimes it only lasts for an hour, but once in a while it goes down for a day. When I call tech support they tell me that it is a problem with my network (3 comps behind linksys router), which they allow, but don't support. Can anyone shed some light on this, or know of a way to stop it. Thanks

Disconnect 2 computers and demand they come out to service your computer line. Really sounds like there is a water/connection problem. I used to have a problem with my phone line it was old (on the pole) everytime it rained, the phone would ring throughout the day until it dried,,,
    Good luck.

Next rain I'll go out to the splitter and see if there's any water build-up. I'll disconnect the other comps and get em out here if that doesn't work. Thank you for the reply.

I had a similar problem. RR finally figured out that they should have had a "clean" connection from the pole to the modem. No splitters. (I had several) Now my connection is very stable.