Thread: Ali MAgik1 Revision B0, any news?

Ali MAgik1 Revision B0, any news?

Has anybody bought an ALi Magik1 mobo in the last few days? I want to get an A7A266, but ONLY if it has the B0 revision of the chipsets. For anybody who hasn't heard the revision now make the ALi set comparable to the SiS for top performance. I want to get an A7A266, but it MUST include the new stepping otherwise, I will comprimise and buy a Gigsbyte GA 7DX

Bump, C'mon Anybody

Hi,

I had the original A7A and although it worked ok, it was never a great performer for O/Cing. Also, even with the chipset revision, it does nothing to rectify the hidious temps that this board reports. I was getting 57C idle and 68 to 72C under load. This was using Arctic Silver and GlobalWin CAK-38. As far as the GA7DXR goes, I've had one now for one month(sold my A7A system). It is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Raid, 3 DDR slots, and with a 1.33 Tbird AYHJA is completely stable at 1540. Much better onboard sound than the A7A as well. I can't say enough good about the 7DXR. Just my opinion. Good luck to you on whatever you choose.