Thread: 150 FSB

150 FSB

Yeha i want to get a 150 FSB setting with PC150 ram so it will be VERY fast. I know the new KT133a chipsets support the 133 fsb setting but i want 17mhz more so that it will be fast. If you had a 1.2 ghz for example all i would need to do is change the FSB to 150 and change the multiplier from 12 to 8. Maybe i would have to adjust vcore thingy? Can you tell me what mother board i would need to have to configure all those things? Would an ABIT KT7A-RAID do the job (or close to it...like 147 or something)?? Also what vcore would i need if it has to be different. THANKS!

you have to be kidding me...noone wants to even give me a few BS words?

Hey
    You will find a wealth of information at http://www.overclockers.com/ .The motherboard you mentioned is a good step in the right direction.
    See ya.

Ultimate Member
    Patience, [H2O]Tman, all in good time. I suspect you want more than "a few BS words".

Read and study everything you can find about overclocking. SysOpt's Overclocking Guide is a good place to start. Little by little you will find the answers to each of your many questions. I doubt any one member will be able to give you more than speculative replies. Only you can know how to get what you want out of your system.

OK, maybe i said this the wrong way. I now know that the ABIT KT7A-RAID will change, vcore,FSB, and multiplier. NOW, IS IT POSSIBLE to set up a 150 MHZ FSB on a T-BIRD CPU? FOR EXAMPLE, all i would need to do if i had a t-bird 1 ghz would be to change it from a 10x100FSB to a 6.5x150FSB (975 mhz so there is no way that CPU couldn't handle that). IS THIS POSSIBLE. I AINT GUNNA READ NO ****ING 100 PAGE LONG BEAT-AROUND-THE-BUSH GUIDE TO OVERCLICKING. JUST TELL ME MOTHER****ERS! please. Thanks!

I would be using the Kingmax PC150 (CAS2) SDRAM. IF i can get a 150FSB going will it be faster than a 100 FSB for gaming and such?

The EPoX 8KTA3 does 150FSB. Check out this review where they ran a Tbird 1.2ghz at 1.35ghz using 150FSB x 9!
    http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/mainboards/epox/8kta3/

AnakiMana
    PS - Watch your language; this is a family friendly board!

Ultimate Member krusty the klown's Avatar
    Err, you might just want to go editing your post B4 the mods see it.... because they will edit it (and prolly not be too happy about doing so).