Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What motherboard are you using???

Cool

A-Trend 5200. Love it

Various other cheap pieces of ****. Gotta love PC Chips and the 457 other names they go under, LOL!

Cool

I've got the ASUS P2B with a P2 400 @ 496mhz FSB is at 124, never had any problems, very happy, also I have my old 32DIMM @66 overclocked to 124, with no problems plus a 64 @100 running at 124, also no problems

Lightbulb

I have a bp6 with a celeron 366 @550.

Lightbulb

I'm using a ABIT BH6 w/PII450 OC504, ABIT BE6 w/PIII500 OC600

Lightbulb

Siglr! why are you using a slocket and an ultra 66 adaptor? The tyan s1854 supports both slot 1 and 370 CPU's. I'm considering this board for my next update, now you've got me confused.

Question

RobRich,
    I had recently checked out Azza's web site. They seem to have some nice features on their boards. After seeing your post, I revisited the site. I could find no mention of a AZZA PT-5VML model listed there under Socket 7 boards.
    Could you give me some more info on your board? Does it support Ultra 66? Any undocumented FSB speeds? What chipset does it use?
    TIA

Lightbulb

The update to the AZZA pt-5vml should be the pt-5vmd (at) and pt-5vmx (atx). The board is super socket 7 with the VIA MVP-3 chipset. It has 1 AGP/4 PCI/2 ISA with the standard AT style format. It doesn't support ATA-66, so I use a Promise ATA-66 controller instead. As for bus speeds: 66,75,83,95,100 with multipliers to 5.5x. Core voltages adjustment from 1.6v to 3.5v. I/O voltage is auto select (only bif drawback to board). Also has tandard 2 dimm/2 simm setup. Onboard cache is standard 512kb, with 1 meg as an option.

To be an old board, I still like it. It has successfully overclocked every cpu I've ran on it, plus is rather stable. I got this board right when the k6-2 became popular and have used it ever since. I work on systems with Asus, FIC, and Tyan motherboards all the time, but I still prefer this old board. It has taken some serious abuse and still works like it's brand new. AZZA is a rather unheard of company in the US anymore. They still have good OEM sales, but their retail sales suffers severely as compared to other board manufacturers.

Lightbulb

oblivion

yes your correct twin peltier\water cooled post 744\ windows\720 but really stable at 672\2.3v heatsink only 600 stable

Lightbulb

ABIT BE6 works well once all the bugs are worked out.Running a Pentium II 400 at 496(124x4@2.1v)stock boxed cpu.

Unhappy

Unfortunantly a pcchips 598 is my motherboard. Got it last may with a k6-2 350mhz. While it is stable, which is certainly most important (which seems to be a rare thing with it), it is much slower and sub-par to any other motherboard. It is really bottleneckin my system, even after I oced to 450mhz. Onboard graphics are a joke, this motherboard is not really good, but it does what it does for the price I payed. When I bought a cheap motherboard, I really bought a "cheap" motherboard.