Thread: Is there a way to record realaudio?

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb Is there a way to record realaudio?

There is a realaudio conference call that I want to record so that I can listen to it at a later time. I really don't care what format I save it in. It is about 30 minutes long. Is there a way to do this?

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

^

Lightbulb

Can you not save the real audio file? Such as right clicking the link and "save target as"....or I've copied and pasted out of temp internet dir too.

Just some ideas that might not help in the least.

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

I have tried that and it is just at 57k file that won't do anything. Thaks for the suggestion though,

Lightbulb

Well, if I was really stuck I'd take creative recorder (little app that came with sblive x-gamer)....set it to record "what you here"...as opposed to one of the imputs...hit record and play the real audio file. *poof* a wav file. That would be a really big wav file mind you...500mb or something.

Perhaps, by chance you have this app. Otherwise I'm sure there's some freeware/shareware that would do that trick.

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

I did it with an audio editing program for the computer. I recorded real audio songs from a cambodian wedding site. Basically, I hooked up the secondary audio output of my mx300 into the line in of the same card using a stereo 1/8" male to male jack from Radio Shack (7 bucks). Setup line in to be about 80% on windows volume controls and the speakers to play at about 70% (to avoid distortion). Then with the editing software, I normalized the song to play at normal levels, and filtered out the noise as well. I forgot the name of the audio program, I will post it when I get home from work. This way of doing it does not produce cd quality, but if you just want a decent playback then it works fine. I used wav files I think. If you want to convert that to mp3, you can use winamp or nero I believe.

Talking

Good idea seti

After he saves it as that 500 meg wave file <wow!> he could always convert it into a MP3 It should be under 25 megs hopefully

XT

Lightbulb

You have to save the file as an ra file, which is a read file in notepad, then make the read file an rpm file, then it will play on real player or whatever you have that requires that.

KMA

Lightbulb

When you play the file it downloads into your windows temp folder it will have a ra extension.