Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Clocking is good???

Isn't it funny how the original poster has not written back? Imagine how dumb he feels to see 90% of us have A+ certifications. You'd think he'd realize that an overclocking/cpu BB will have quite a few people who are hardware junkies (such as myself, oh god I need another hit!)

[This message has been edited by ck42866 (edited 11-02-2000).]

This A+ dude is about as dumb as a box of hair. Does he really think that if I smoke my hamster, I'd have to call HIM to tell me that it's dead? Not to mention he's also a bad businessman- if I were Mr. professional A+ certified nerdgeekcomputerizerhamsterbuilderman, (note my envy at that title), I'd be telling the average hamster owner that YES, you can indeed get better running wheel performance from your beloved beast by providing it with 12 volts instead of 2.5- then I'd sit back & wait for the call that would fill my pockets with gold.

Mr. A+ dude- lighten up. Seems that whenever you open your mouth you hurt yourself. But thanks for the laugh...

[This message has been edited by lost1 (edited 11-26-1999).]

Anyone notice the title to this post?
    "Clocking is good???"
    I would have to say that "yes", "Clocking" is definately good.
    Perhaps Mr. A+ Hamstertenishoe meant "Over-clocking", but if one doesn't even "clock" their computer, they must not even turn it on.

(FSB 0MHz * 4.5x) = PIII-450@0

WOW ! I bet it lasts a long time, hope it's got a good shelf life. Maybe he feeds his Hamster Desiccant (isn't that how Rat poison works, thru dehidration), in which case your hamster will go thump anyway, but only once.

Keep on "Clocking"

........CHNsaw

[This message has been edited by Chainsaw (edited 11-26-1999).]

I have been trying to get my hamster to learn the art of PCI bus Mastering, but he just wont listen to me :P

Hey Mr jameswillamor....

My factory non overclocked hamster died. Will you come replace it free?

I thought not. I'll do it myself.

Middle Age Member
    *hahahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!;
    *hahahahahahahahahah !!!;
    *hahahahahahahahahahah ; !!!*hahahahahahahahahaha.........!!!;

Holy SH#T, will this ever go away...

If I shave my hamster and strap a ALPHA heatsink on his back (after months at the gym and steroids) will this keep him from overheating, also where should I stick the thermister? Mabe the same place jameswillamor should stick his A+ Certs....

Wow, I wish I had A+ Certs..but one can only dream.....

Ultimate Member
    hey james...believe it or not these guys ARE really nice people so dont be shy...ya gotta admit you laughed at this thread..

I herd that Hbit was going to release a quad case wheel (QCW 1.0) that would support the the Tredmill Now(TM) technology which allows higher wheel speeds, but the people over at nike frowned on the idea, so now we have to wait for lesser known Quad case wheel mfg's to produce a stable quad case...which could take weeks months even. This giving the guys over at nike a little time to catch up with technology(they have never been knocked off top before, must have came as a shock), by doing this nike was able to get it's new long awated product on the market"CopperHamster", (the hamsters seem to like this name better than the old one"Catmy" I just wish we had a stable hamster cage to run all this in, even without pushing my hamster to it's limits, my cage crashes.

Peace, N2deep

Ultimate Member
    I was going to leave well enough alone, and not post to this again, but since it appears to be the thread that won't die, I decided to provide a follow-up. (re: future plans in previous post)

Talks with Nike to fit my hampster for running shoes did not go as well as I had hoped. Turned out that they evidently have an exclusive partnership with Budweiser to fit only Ferrets at this time. I hate that stupid rodent more than the lizzard does!

Anyway, it wasn't totally bad news though. New Balance heard of my efforts and have agreed to give it a shot. They have taken cast molds of my hampsters little feet, and are working on a prototype now.

Electrifying the wheel was a mixed bag of results. When power was applied to the wheel, the hampster would run really, REALLY fast, but only for short periods of time. Evidently the electrical current would eventually cause the leg muscles to lock up completely and what I ended up with was run-->run-->RUN-->RUN-->THUMP-->THUMP (you get the idea, not good). Of course, fitting for running shoes is going to provide insulation from the wheel anyway, so I will likely abandon further testing with this.

Pasting of the Pet-house center folds on the outside of the cage had absolutely no effect on increasing speed. Puzzled, I took my hampster to a vet thinking that maybe the hair removal project may have accidently removed some other important parts too. Turns out that was not the case, and was never a possibility, as my hampster is female!

This however did lead to an explanation for events that happened later when my hampster would periodically slow down. After weeks of operation without issue, my hampster performace slowly began to deteriorate to the point where I was lucky to get a walk out of it! Finally it quit moving altogether and I figured I had fried it for sure. So I set about trying to find a replacement. Later that same day though, low and behold, my hampster had babies!!!! Two days later, all was well again and my hampster was back to performing as it had before.

My issue now......does anyone know where I can get a quad wheel cage?

Ultimate Member
    does this mean that I have to get my A+ to work on hamsters and hamster peripherals?

Ultimate Member
    ok so with all the hamster tweekin been goin on here I finaly got back around to mine in the mean time sence he was just settin around not doing much built my kids there own cage and got them there own, hooked the cages togathere and now i have 100's of little hamsters to build cages for. it's getting out of hand over here on the othere hand once i get all them to adult hood and conected to the grid I should not have to worry so much about pushin any one to the limit now all I realy need is for microham to build winham 2000 to support mulitple hamster's running in maney cage's all working togather on the same thing at the same time with out it freezin the gid all up on a regular bases and with out ferrets getting in to the grid and messin it all up

[This message has been edited by scotter (edited 11-29-1999).]

Hamster Beowulf project! Sheer genius! Will this thread ever stop?

U-96

Ultimate Member
    ok so now I'm at 200+ hamster's lol