Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Clocking is good???

So it just goes back to that old adage... "If you build a better hamster..."

I think this is one of the funnest post I have ever read. What's up with the hamsters.

As for overclocking I really don't know how safe it is. I currently have my P3-450 overclocked to 558. I'm kind of learly about doing that because I don't have the money to buy a new one if it dies but I do love the extra speed. I probably drop the speed back to 450 in a couple of days and the awhile later overclock it again.

BTW is it bad to overclock and the drop the speed and then overclock again and so forth?

LK

Ultimate Member
    Or maybee the hampster is barely walking, when you make him walk faster, or run, he starts to grow muscles, kind of like burning in! Or maybee, when you supercool your system, the hampster freezes kryogenicly to the whell and never dies, no matter how fast you push the CPU, er.. motor...

Ultimate Member
    Recently, I made some modifications to my hampster to tweak a little more speed out of him, and you are all gonna be jealous!!

First, I removed his tail an shaved him completely bald. And trust me, shaving your hampster should be left to those with very good eyesight and a steady hand.

Removing the tail made him .0005 oz. lighter and more efficient. It also made insertion of Scotter's rectal thermal probe much less time consuming. Shaving him also resulted in a weight savings, though it was originally designed as a means to assist in heat removal.

Not for the squeemish:
    Next, I took my hampster to an orthopedic surgeon, and I had leg extension surgery performed. Yep, thats right, they broke his little limbs, and then put these devices on him which seperated the bones and held them that way so that when the bones grew back together, his legs were a full 2 milimeters longer. After growing back, not only were the legs longer and stronger, but his over all stride distance had increased 200%.

So, after jumping through all these hoops, what were the results you ask?

My hampster now performs at an unblievable level. Wheel RPM readings are off the chart and the motor is no longer fast enough to keep up with him! Food/water consumption is down, and his temperature at the faster wheel spin is virually identical to what it was before the modifications began! As winter approaches, temperature may decrease even further!!!!!!!!!!!

Experiments with whisker removal and pinning his ears back to reduce drag and wind resistence proved futile. Turns out that running in place on a wheel is not effected by wind resistence as it is in the wild. It does look really cool though, so you may still want to consider it.

Future plans:
    -Work with Nike to have him fitted for running shoes.
    -Place Pet-house centerfold on outside of glass cage so that when hampster faces forward, it is in his direct line of sight.
    -Electrify the wheel!

Ultimate Member
    so that's the trick to gettin that probe in LOL

socalgal
    ROFL

I believe I saw that hamster on "DOODIE".com

Middle Age Member
    Back when slow hamsters were $845 and the local pet shop was making a killing on each one, it was unwise to test the limits of your pet's endurance, but since a fast hamster can be purchased from $49 to $99 (the price a mowing a few lawns) it is no big deal if one of the little buggers has a "chest-grabber."

This is the story of a hamster - barely alive (we can rebuild him)- we have the technology, we have the capability - bom bom ba bah;; to make the worlds first bionic hamster! And we'll give him another 70 instructions as well.

Ultimate Member
    And he'll be called a Hamster III (do - do do do de). Don't just get onto your running wheel - get into it.
    My hamster has 3dNOW! so there.

This is great!!!!!!! LMAO Thats the best story i've heard in a long time....Keep it up!!!!:O) :O) :O)LMAO

Ultimate Member
    Scotter.....removal of the tail certainly did improve access for the probe, but it did not make installation any easier. A little lubricant was still necessary.

For future applications, I suggest KY2K jelly.....its an effective product and is year 2000 compliant <lmao> :-)

Ummm, guess jameswillamor has nothing more to say?
    Drop a straight line and just leave?
    LOL!

Ultimate Member
    A quick warning: DON'T try lapping your hamster. I has bad side affects.

Ultimate Member
    dang it now ya tell me you should see my hands that little suckers got sharp teeth bit the **** out of me and gets really crazy when ya run the sand paper across his forhead

Ultimate Member
    I would hate to be your hampster, especialy when you put the thermal sensor...in...