Thread: Prodigy Not

Thumbs down Prodigy Not

I am currently with prodigy. Does anyone else constantly experience very slowwww service? I would not recommend this service to anyone.

Thumbs down

Technical support for Prodigy is an absolute joke. I've recently discontinued service for my girl's computer in San Diego. You'd be lucky to even get to speak with a human being.

Cool

Find a good ISP in your locality. Ask your buds who surf what they use. I would avoid the "candy apple" packaged servers like AOL, Compuserve and ... Prodigy! Seriously.

Brangwen

Former volunteer

Lightbulb

Prodigy is bound to really stink in every city that has a Best Cry (Best Buy). I was a Prodigy member for 2 yrs and switched b/c the servers were filled with people armed with $400 coupons and 3 year agreements. Service really slowed. I switched to Mindspring.
    Dave

Angry

Many of the free ISP's Such As Altavista.net and FreeI use the same splitrock.net backbone the paying Prodigy customers use. Even the dial up #'s are the same. This is why, People are just starting to relaize this now

Lightbulb

Mindspring or UUnet are your best bets. I have been using Mindspring for over 5 years now. They have excellent tech support and are responsive to their customers getting busy signals or slow network responses. Heard a lot of good things about UUnet from others who use their service.

Lightbulb

good buddy of mine has been using Prodigy for a while now and I don't think he has ever NOT hated it. Your alot better off justing paying a local ISP $10 or $15 a month IMO. As of next friday though it's high speed for me!!!!
    -felix

Thumbs down

I hear ya about Prodigy.
    I decided to switch to a local ISP that support dual analog services (cable,ISDN,DSL - NEVER coming to my area) ConncetStar.net has a 112k dialup for $24.95 plus 3 e-mail accounts. Sure beats Prodigy @ $19.95 with 1 e-mail and SLOOOOW .01k connection. The only reason I still have Prodigy around is for my e-mail address. I hate switching ISPs because I do so much buisness with this e-mail that it's a pain to switch and have to foward all your e-mail to another account.

•g®/-\[)i|_|Å*•
    gradius@PRODIGY.net

Lightbulb

Yeah, lately my prodigy service has sucked. I don't know why but the assumption made earlier in this thread seem to make sense. Can anyone in Chicago make a good recommendation?