Thread: Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Platinum

Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Platinum

Hey guys i really need your help here. I have a Gateway 550P3 256MB, 32 Ultra TNT2, 3com network card and U.S Robotics 56K modem installed. I also had a Soundblaster PCI64 sound card installed on the unit. My problem is i upgraded my sound card to the platinum card, the one with the live drive that installs in the front of your PC, and it killed my computer. When i install the card i get all kinds of MSGSRV32 errors when i tried to install the card. When i thought that the card finally installed the computer would not boot up to Win98. Then i took the drastic measure as too format my hard drive and start fresh. I reinstalled Win 98 and everything works now i believe but my boot up time is over 2 minutes!!! I just get a blinking cursor after the Win98 screen disapperars for at least a minute. I looked up as to what MSGSRV32 is, and it looks like it is the program that controls all of The os's sounds. Anyways, if anyone could give me some info as to this paticular card and what i can do , i would greatly appreciate it.

Hhhmm.. First if you have another machine,try using the card in that one. If not try upgrading your bios.Also take a look in your start up menu; you might have a bunch of things in there that are slowing your machine from loading. OH also in bios there is a setting to change from full boot to quick boot.

What type of antivirus are you using? I know norton like to screw things up so do a disable while installing card.
    OK good luck....

Try newer Liveware drivers, I believe they already contain some old patch which had to be applied once if you had Live! on VIA chipsets ...

Best Regards ...