Thread: Reinstall Windows 11 question

Reinstall Windows 11 question

My PC will not boot. It goes into automatic repair, then says it cannot repair. I've tried every option under advanced options, and none have any success. I figure the next step is a clean repair of Windows 11, but was wondering if i will run into any issues over product keys or anything like that. i intend to set up a bootable USB drive. Or, are their any repair tools I could put on a disk or USB drive that might be helpful?

Thanks
    Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a form of government.

What started the problem?

Were you able to access and use System Restore?

You might Google-> windows 11 repair tool and read anything you see from Microsoft.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Thanks, I'll look into the Repair Tool.

As for how it started, here's the story. My C drive (500 meg NVMe) was down to 4 meg left so i bought a 1TB one. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the new one. When I put the new one in Windows said the drive was full. Looks like the cloning process just built a partition exactly the size of the used data. Since then I received info from Macrium of how to accomplish this and have the partition be full size. I put the old drive back and that was when it wouldn't boot. It foes through diagnostics an says it can't repair Windows and gives other advanced options to try. None of them worked, no restore points found, couldn't take out recent updates, etc. So, now I need to try anything I can put on a bootable USB drive. I could use a CD by downloading things to it on my wife's PC.
    Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a form of government.

Were both drives in the machine at the same time when you tried to boot up? Having two "C" drives in at one time is a bad idea....

Have you tried to boot up with just the old drive?

No Steve, both drives were not in. Turns out the old one doesn't want to boot either.

You can close this thread up, I decided to go for a clean install, and ran into issues with that. I will start a new post so as not to confuse the issue.

Thanks