Thread: What in the...?

Hybrid View

What in the...?

Is this place still alive technically? Is it moderated anymore? All the good forums have either been taken over/bought out or just plain shut down. Surprised to see SysOpt so dead. SysOpt used to be a go to place on the web. Now the homepage is gone and you get directed to the forums directly. When did that happen? New owners maybe?

This site, like all other sites, is dependent on it's members.

Why not tell us your story and what happened/why did you quit posting? Did life get in the way?

Afghanistan and Iraq kind of got in the way. It's no big deal really. I'm on Twitter and still have a facebook account. Reddit has computer forums and I'm on there once in a while. What happened to the main page? The reviews and the articles you guys used to have? I'm just curious. Anand is still doing reviews and arguing over what parts are the best. Extreme Overclocking is still there, kind of in limbo though. Tech support guy was bought out.

"The internet is dead" is a nice thing to google. It's a strong theory.

I almost don't think I remember a main page here.... The site has been bought and sold several times. It takes humans who in return require a salary to maintain the pages.

SysOpt is still part of a group of eleven sites...that used to be twenty two sites. As internet forums started shrinking in membership...so did the services etc. The ol vicious circle of life game.

Didn't you have an avatar of a smiley face or is my memory failing me?
    I used to steady lurk these forums every day, Good to see it's still around.

/waves

I remember the main page with reviews and articles and news. Used to go here for news and also theregister.co.uk (which is still around too!)

I will admit that I haven't posted anything in a quite a few years. I have stopped in a few times and browsed around but to be honest I haven't built a system in well over 10+ years. Computers and especially networking got so advanced that I couldn't keep up. I was shocked but happy to see familiar names when I logged in.