Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top-a-the-Line motherboard recommendations

Ultimate Member

Asrock, Gigabyte never left me alone until...

in mid 2018(June) both finally were affected by capacitor plague. Inferior Capacitors built in which will die or get ill before promised life-end. at around 5000hrs instead of 10000. I examined these 2004 and later MOBOs(have multiple copies) really to the ground. Only found out what was the reason a bit later. after 3 weeks i could reactivate both pcs. both were working outside cases. there is a looong Mono-thread by me. Defective PSU or something like that. to follow and understand it will need a lot of time and nerves.
    I am now on two ultrabooks by Acer. windows 10. There were other problems which could also be read here. or in german and english Acer-forum.
    I will not go back to desktop. maybe reactivate and upgrade an Asus Z87C(older i7) 16/256/2.
    Hope a new capacitor plague will not come back. manufacturers have certainly learnt their lessons. NB : there is a Capacitor Plague-Forum.
    There is a company or multiples? offering a laptop-system which is easily upgradable.
    Last edited by europanorama; 04-05-2022 at 09:54 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    NB: I am now working-temporarily to check how good win10s is going-on a slow celeron 4/64 Acer Spin 1-111. Was only 350 chf. external 27" used. Second is i7 16/1TB Acer Swift 5. What happened with it-can be read also here. and in german and english Acer-Forum. Yes Swift 5 is working but only with external Keyboard(very dangerous) and also only with external Screen. one must have a rugged Netbook. also if stationary.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Finally returning to this to (FWIW) close the loop on my MB/CPU etc. adventure.
    I got my P/C back up and working and, even, upgraded to W11.

Who said if you read (and comprehend<g>) the manuals you'll save a lot of time, $$ and aggravation.

I ended up with the Gigabyte B560M DS3H AC MB, an Intel i5-11400F (stock fan), 64Gb of Memory, a 1Tb M2, and the prior 2 SSD's and 2 HHD's.

The M2 has W11, an SSD has W11 and a HHD has W10 (the other SSD & HHD are data backups).
    I haven't been able to boot from the W10 HHD yet but I hope to eventually figure that out.

Anyway, that's ere I ended up.
    Thx.
    Geo.
    Geo. S.