Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brother printer-driver BrUsbSib.sys(oem94.inf) blocking Core Protection-win10s.

Ultimate Member
    Core Protection went off/deactivated without warning. Reactivating and restarting helped.
    Microsoft should implement warning! Maybe its for security reason they will not do.
    Brother didnt know newest oemx.inf must be removed deleted afterwards.
    filename will be changed over the time so our title-correction-new filename-wasnt necessary. All in all i like Windows 10 best. One can live now peacefully.
    windows 10 home here on Acer Swift 5. i7. 16/1tb. white ultrabook old not very solid construction. better getting semirugged version. only acer really know the truth. keyboard and screen nonsolid. and their is a shocksensor which could stop these items from working. I added now antislip rubber surface.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    After a reset of windows 10 problem came again after i reinstalled the full package-pcfax was disabled.
    could mean i should have run deinstaller first.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

Final Solution to avoid Core Protection staying disabled

Could enable core-protection til the moment after i had to reset Windows 10 home 64 since after Windows-Update constantly sound was gone. nothing could cure that.
    yes one had to replace sound-room.or similar maybe that was not done and MS found a solution at least to show how to do. its taking some time sometimes til all the settings are correctly done.

Brother removal tool wasnt used before reinstallation of the app. B aware to use custom-installation and uncheck PC-FAX (here is the reason for the problem , outdated driver brother told)or if one can still see the brother iprint-scan entry under brother at left side clicki there to reactivate the driver(instead of full custom-installation. what will happen when using utilities i dont know.
    i only know after deinstallation i still could use parts of brother printing tools to print.
    autoruns
    it was told that autoruns will find the BrUsbSib.sys but this wasnt the case only deleting the oem-inf helped. maybe reset deleted BrUsbSib.sys but not oem.inf
    here is the forced command:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32> pnputil /delete-driver oem94.inf /uninstall /force /reboot
    when trying to enable Core Protection and if it fails BrUsbSib.sys will be show, by clicking the rightside arrow more will be shown. its the oemx.inf file or files shown. they must be removed.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch