Thread: Ultrabook with nonworking keyboard and screen. Entering Cmost-Setup possible?

Ultimate Member

Ultrabook with nonworking keyboard and screen. Entering Cmost-Setup possible?

To backup removable NVME-stick i can do that within windows 10 here using Aomei Backupper.
    But to recover i need bootable stick. First i must change bootorder in Bios.
    I know when using save mode for other purposes external monitor is black and built-in is dead(forever).
    I have to blindly navigate by finding out from a second ultrabook-also from acer but not the same model how to trigger keys.

1. Is this also the case when trying to navigate to bios.
    2. external wifi-keyboard working? or do i have to use a cabled keyboard? will external screen show bios?

B: i could remove stick and clone and check if clone is working. simpler way if above is needed.
    C: the weaker Acer Spin 1-111 had ssd built-in. so i must navigate to bios in any case.
    Many thanks
    Btw: By offering now Gorilla-Glass-screens on their new Swift 5 Acer is confessing their older screen were not reliable. The also have now semirugged Ultrabooks.
    with Swift 5 i had a light drop at 45cm. also keyboard died. both after a 1 or 2 days-delay.
    Spin 1-111 had FOUR heavy drops from 80cm only one hinge is halfdefective no more full 360 rotation. 1.25kg Swift 5 almost 1kg only.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    External screen also doesnt see Cmos-setup/Bios when using cable-keyboard. i wonder if built-in keyboard is needed to enter. most probably it will also not showup.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    UPDATE:
    i tested Bios-Access on my second working ultrabook with external screen.
    F2 triggered on built-in keyboard will show BIOS also on external screen. sometimes it is disappearing.
    with wireless keyboard i cannot see Bios. means i must replace it by acer CH. i will remove SSD-drive then. they could use their own.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Why Use AOMEI Backupper System Restore?
    https://www.ubackup.com/help/system-...0and%20then%20

(see this section)
    Restore system under WinPE:
    If the PC fails to boot or has been crashed, you need to create a WinPE bootable media with AOMEI Backupper and boot your PC into WinPE to run the system restore.

Is this what you did to make a bootable media?
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Ultimate Member
    you are seperating backing up whole drive from System restore right?
    Cannot do that in Swift 5 since keyboard is defective, cannot access bios to change bootorder.
    Will soon backup SSD-stick outside in a speedy clone-station. ICY-BOX IB-2912MCL-C31 has fan.
    -------------------------------------
    On working Spin 1-111. i indeed didnt yet make a restore-stick. will first backup drive to stick. NVMe-stick 250 gb coming. inside is 64. there are no 128 or 64 available here. yes also considered SATA. but too slow. makes no sense.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

NO.

I asked you a question...which is-> Is this what you did to make a bootable media?
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Ultimate Member
    I have a bootable stick made already. only have to try it out. on Spin 1-111 when 250gb NVMe is here to backup 64GB. yes will also save system. did that only had a confusion see other thread. Must list all these steps.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    A)Acer Swift 5: no access to bios to change bootorder to boot from stick.
    1. made a system-backup from 1TB within win10. directory of 75 gb containing multiple 4gb files.
    if i cannot boot to external drive this is useless. So i must clone SSD-NVMe. have clone-station.

2. ICY BOX which delivered my clonestation-see older message here-told they dont have bootable enclosings with fan.
    Delock has bootable enclosings but no fan. Do you know if these exist?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch