Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: SysOpt - Issues

Sounds like your ISP assigned IP Address might be blocked somewhere between you and SysOpt.com. While wired, what happens if you go to http://anonymouse.org/ and try accessing http://www.sysopt.com through them?

It was down again for me this morning.

When SysOpt.com is down for you, you can check to see if it is just you or everyone here:

anonymouse doesn't work either

The developers need SPECIFIC information from you guys that are experiencing outages... (Broni's issue is now known)

Please post exact times you tried to access the site and couldn't... They aren't seeing anything in the server logs...

EDIT: - and which error are you seeing?

Exact times are not known. However, approximate times are every day from about 9:30 am to 11:00 am MDT. Note that this is from a work computer where all internet access is through a proxy server. I have not yet tried it from a home computer at those hours. Access is normally available from the work computer though, and I don't think they would be blocking anything or applying updates at those hours.

Sometimes if I disable uBlock Origin and do a refresh, Sysopt will come back up. At other times, I have to close the browser and then reopen/refresh.

For now, I'll keep Sysopt whitelisted in uBO. I'll try to keep track of the exact times.

And are you two guys getting the 404 error? (sorry to ask - there's so many posts)
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Yes, I'm getting the 404 with http://www.sysopt.com/forum.php

It's really sporadic for me. Just disabling uBO doesn't always work, but restarting the browser (Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox Classic) has more success.

404 error for me also.

Ok... 7:20pm EDT... site down for all of my browsers in regular and incognito mode. tried a VPN from both Singapore and Amsterdam and both worked. Did not work from US VPN. Back to no VPN.. no connection. Used the downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ site and it said it was ok.

tracert straight to www.sysopt.com..

FWIW.. a second tracert straight to www.sysopt.com @ 7:50pm EDT. Site was totally accessible to all my browsers. But quite a different route to sysopt by the looks of it.

Worth noting is the VPN that I use is a browser extension so the CMD prompt tracert in both cases here are directly out of my computer and NOT via a VPN.

Last edited by MarkFink; 07-02-2020 at 08:07 PM.

That is looking like a DNS issue. I cannot try it from work, but you could try changing DNS Servers to Google's or other free ones if you are using your ISP's servers, to see if that makes a difference.

Good idea. I used to use OpenDNS.. I'll try it again and see what happens.

EDIT:

Tracert using OpenDNS was identical to the second one above. I'll try it again next time I can't reach sysopt.
    Last edited by MarkFink; 07-02-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Just go the 404. 6:30pm PST.

Restarted Waterfox and I was able to get in. uBO was already disabled.