Thread: Clonezilla-not only-makes me upset

Ultimate Member

Clonezilla-not only-makes me upset

https://clonezilla.org/downloads/download.php

1.ads covering essentils details of the website.
    2. only offering amd64-zip and no links to pae-version. no matter if old or newest pc/ultrabook is used.
    3. during usb-disk-creation there was an error-wrong linux but installation worked. no boot.

B: came to Clonezilla for cloning HDD since Trueimage 2014 and 2018 didnt work. HDD-image to new HDD=cloning not working. maybe its my halfsick PC.
    Now trying to find the right usb-boot-usb-creator and the right clonezilla live for PAE.
    installation on win10s/edge 64
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    SOLVED
    Switching to other browser helped. Firefox 45 SSE. have a least the files and hope version 2.6 of creator helps. trying on old pc first. donor and receiver of HDD-image are
    External usb-drives.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Mylinuxlive(clonezilla on USB-stick) is now booting on my old SSE-winxp-PC. GA-7N400 Pro 2(very old universal(SATA-IDE-Raid) MOBO one of two with the capacitor plague. and this one is still half-dead. maybe due to that i had troubles depending where USB-device were attached. will examine this further to compare and verify when healthy MOBO is established.
    had multiple problems and made mistakes.
    clonezilla is saved as iso on the the stick with Linuxlive usb creator. it showed and error(linux not in the compatibility list) but it doesnt matter.
    IMPORTANT: Bios-First Boot: USB-Zip or USB_HDD.
    2. Made an error in confusing Cloning-methods using Trueimage(indirect making an image first) versus Clonezilla(direct cloning but working only with usb-stick(if i dont err).
    3. will also test copying systempartion backed up by trueimage from the original to the cloned HDD.
    btw: Macrium Reflect not working with SSE-winxp-pc.
    Stick is booting from Hub since only four MOBO-usb-slots available. i can attach one USB-drive on the hub together with the bootstick but it seem bootstick must be there first.
    This is relevant when having to copy image from HHD 2 to HDD 3 with Trueimage to make it bootable. Will of course test that too later with other alternative HDD.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch