Thread: Google Play

Question Google Play

There is an App I would like to download on my iPad, but I cannot due to fact this App has a higher iOS than my iPad. This App is also available on Googe but I need to download Google Play, how do I download this ? I have tried but get some error about my device ?

You can't use Android apps on iOS, so you can't download Google Play either.

Question

Yes, I understand that, I did not ask the question properly. To continue, This App I am looking for is available on googe play On my PC I have Google And can access the play app to download other apps but when I find the app I am looking for it states - You don't have any devices - I don't understand what this means or how to resolve it ?
    Last edited by Network67; 05-31-2020 at 09:41 PM.

You can't run Android apps on your PC either, unless you're running some kind of Android emulator or something like that. Even then, there's no guarantee that you can run any app.

One popular Android Emulator that will on a PC running Windows 7 or higher is BlueStacks

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    One popular Android Emulator that will on a PC running Windows 7 or higher is BlueStacks
    That's a good find Doc. Thanks.

You're welcome. and Thanks Photolady95. It's been working pretty good for me. I use it to keep an eye on our Blink cameras as well as our two Skybell doorbells in Windows 10 (on a small separate monitor). Neither of of those have an app for Windows app (yet), only Android, and iOS maybe?

Bluestacks works for a lot of things, but some apps are CPU dependent. Ex. some apps won't run on Intel CPUs

Yep, that's what I've heard. Haven't run across one personally but, I've probably only ever used maybe a half-a-dozen of apps within BlueStack ... so far anyway.

I was told Bluestacks doesn't work for iOS but I'm not sure that is true. According to other resources they said you can run Android apps on PCs and iPad's/iPhone's, and iPods, but you can't run iOS apps on either Android or PCs.

I put this in a thread over on PentaxForums and that's where I got the info about it not working on iOS.

FWIW, I finally went and looked it up. Apparently Bluestacks will run on iOS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlueStacks
    ... The BlueStacks App Player is designed to enable Android applications to run on PCs running Microsoft Windows and Apple's macOS.
    Minimum requirements

Current minimum requirements for App Player for Windows include: Windows 7 or higher, 2 GB or higher system memory, 5 GB of hard drive space, administrator rights, and an Intel or AMD processor. BlueStacks clashes with the BitDefender antivirus software. An update to the latest graphic card driver version is also recommended.

Minimum requirements for macOS are: macOS Sierra or higher, 4 GB RAM, 4 GB disk space.
    https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en...0760763-Mac-OS
    BlueStacks Support / Mac OS

MacOS is different from iOS. MacOS would be like a Macbook Air.

I don't keep up with Mac OSs since I sold mine in 1998 to buy a PC.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    MacOS is different from iOS. MacOS would be like a Macbook Air.
    Ah, didn't know that. Thanks Midknyte!