Thread: Keyboard not working anymore-Acer Swift 5 White

Ultimate Member

Keyboard not working anymore-Acer Swift 5 White

after adding black tape and cutting out letters with knife(why will explained further down) i cannot use anymore keyboard. did everything which was advised. also win10s-reset and driver reinstallation. also delay. easy access.

Why taping keys?
    Offering white version with white keys on their Ultrabooks is Acers big mistake.
    If one need external light for viewing documents and keys will be in light when backlight is activated(automatically here) both are white and letter non-or hardly visible let alone when using in bed with flat angle. hope one can deactivate illumination.
    the letters/signs are very thin. Not good.
    So i taped the white surfaces of the keys by cutting out space for letters/sign.
    When i wanted to try keyboard it was dead. Now tape is removed and keyboard still dead.

NB Couldnt wait any longer for new PC/Ultrabook, my desktops are 15 years-very aged. and black version is in delay for 2 months.
    Btw: these 990g lightweight(no other netbook is lighter) can only be achieved by plastic.
    Acer Spin 1-111- weak slow 4/64 had at least metall screen-frame. hit wooden ground(0.85cm FOUR times. Only one screw had to be replaced by a bigger one since thread worn out. have now a ground-protection. and will take steps so ultrabook cannot slip downwards anymore.
    Acer Swift 5-SF514-54T-75E8(NXHLHEZ002)
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    It seems i didnt tell every event.
    Also had a slight drop/hit onto wooden ground(parkett) when ultrabook was in charging-position and closed. one day afterwards not immediately keyboard was dead, after i was working on taping the buttons and cutting out windows.
    I know some Ultrabooks or all of them Spin 1 and Swift 5 have shockprotection. whatevery that means. acer told shocksensor. from what i learnt-pls read about the next shock-this protector could also make some functions be interrupted leading to expensive repair also called obscolesence.
    Oncreen keyboard is working so is touchscreen.
    Next event/shock was some days later-both within one week or even less(5? days):
    DEAD SCREEN. was working after the hit. i checked, also keyboard no sudden death.
    Screen looking strange on lower end.
    in my opinion case-material of spin 1(working) and Swift 5 are not identical. otherwise it would have survived the 45cm crash. on spin 1 the four from 85cm were very heady onto the upper right corner.
    so now i can only use the ultrabook with external keyboard and monitor. That was also meant.....
    Of course i will not send it in-warrenty still active. i would have to pay multiple 100 chf. 1440 chf paid.
    instead of Spin 7 for 2000 chf i would rather buy newest HP with better than IPS-screen: OLED-screen

I am not the only one with defective keyboard. i read about these steps to reactivate.
    Alt + F12
    rsp.
    Fn + Num
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch