Thread: New Router Genexis 6880 WDM-Phone does not work anymore

Ultimate Member

New Router Genexis 6880 WDM-Phone does not work anymore

Internet provider sent me new Router Genexis 6880 WDM since old one (Icotera)could be the reason for slow internet. But i am on old winxp-pc but new win10s-ultrabook on WLAN is also affected from slowness. I know its slower when not on LAN.

Internet ok-Phone not working
    Router is working but only internet, not phone. phone LED is flashing/blinking should be constant.
    So provider told something was not properly set and sent me another router. Same problem, phone not working: Gigaset A415(by Siemens). I didnt change anything from the moment i switched from Icotera to Genexis-router.
    Where to look at? Will first get a new phone-cable.
    wasnt yet in admin-console. provider could have given me wrong access-adress. and it could be i have no access in winxp. worked with old router icotera.
    Should i replace fibercable from homebox to the line on wall? cannot be the line from homebox to router since both of the two routers were used. and they are fixed on router with a label.
    Thanks a lot
    Last edited by europanorama; 01-31-2020 at 09:11 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

New Router Genexis Platinum 6880 WDM-Phone does not work anymore

Genexis Platinum 6880 WDM
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

Phone never workeD with New Router(got two) but worked with Icotera Router-UPDATE

Phone never worked with new Genexis Platinum 6880 WDM router. They sent me a new one after confirming they made a mistake. Was not the first time when yplay confirmed a mistake. 2 Years ago when having to switch from Winxp to Win7(winxp working anyway after router-exchange to Icotera) it took 3 weeks and big struggling after they agreed non-internet-access was their fault, had to pay expensive prepaid-stick.

UPDATE: i have at least found the right adress. different from the one below:
    http://192.168.1.254/ see screenshotgenexis platinum 6880 wdm.jpg

http://router led me to a wrong adress. but is now working properly. i removed Spybot _Search and destroy, deactivated clamwin.

there maybe be a wrong or lacking entry. will tell you later which one i suspect. microsoft ipv6 -which i installed instinctively after having slow internet (before i got new router)-i removed it recently.
    Ping6-diagnosis(ipv6-google.com) seems nonworking on winxp. will try on win10s/edge.
    Last edited by europanorama; 02-02-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    PING6 Diagnostic at ipv6.google.com does not work on win10s/edge same as in winxp.

when SSE2-winxp/win7(on two drives)-pc is reactivated one can say more. will exchange with provider today monday. he has no access to router. was blocked. maybe by sysopt. i deactivated clamwin also temporarily.
    malwarebytes is passive. spywareblaster installed.

voIP problem must be in the network-settings.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

Thumbs up SOLVED-Phone working-Providers problem

SOLVED-Phone working-Providers problem.
    Solved one week without phone-line.
    Similar thing- No phone no internet happened when provider switeched from Elcon to icotera-router and asked for Win7. took 3 weeks till they found the problem cost me 180 chf in prepaid-slow-internet-
    i have 109 chf all inclusive but internet is still very slow see other thread. maybe because i am still running winxp.
    IS THERE A SOLVED BUTTON?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch