Thread: The great new world of SSD drives ???

Threaded View

The great new world of SSD drives ???

So SSd drives are finally becoming affordable . They are now almost at the same price per GB as a traditional hard drive. The changeling is that there are some many options out there . I would say easily over 50 brands to pick from.
    In the good old days of the spinning drive i was a fan of Maxtor which later became Seagate . I had experiences with western digital and IBM hardrives so I was a seagate only person.
    When it's comes to SSD I'm finding that the internet loves loves Samsung , but that might be because they have great marketing. The internet also like Western digital and Intel .
    So I"m curious to know your excrescences. and preferences.
    So far I've only purchased two SSD and they were both Seagate. I bought one 250GB for an old laptop and it made the laptop run better then ever. Also a 1TB SSD for my brothers PC and he loves it too.
    Now we are looking to get a SSD for my Wife 2012 Mac pro . It's a little dated but supports the current OS. my wife is a graphic artist and relies on it for her business.
    Seagate drives almost seem to good to be true because they have a great price from a reputably brand.
    Last edited by Dannyzomb; 01-24-2020 at 03:03 PM.