Thread: Win 7

Win 7

I don't give up easily but am going bonkers trying to load Win 7 (new legal disc).
    MB-ECS A68M....Phenom 9950 quad core, several different ram all 1 GB. Different SATA H.D.'s, different P.S., L.G. Sata writer, changed Sata cables and new power cables but regardless of accessories and parts I cannot load Win 7. It installs normally up to the time it is about 3/4 finished and a windows pops up say it cannot load windows because it can't locate certain files? I tried a USB, CD and the new dvd. I have tried to load it maybe 10 times with the same results, any ideas?
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Are you using AHCI or RAID? If so, did you add the drivers during install?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clea...dows-7-2624917
    On Step 10, you need to click "Load driver", and then browse to the drivers. You can just stick them on a flash drive.

Are you using an Win7 SP1 disc or not?

Is "cannot load windows because it can't locate certain files" the actual error message? When I google it I don't find as much as I expect.

Where did the new legal disc come from? Did it come as a disc or did you have to create it from a download?
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billforce View Post
    I don't give up easily but am going bonkers trying to load Win 7 (new legal disc).
    MB-ECS A68M....Phenom 9950 quad core, several different ram all 1 GB. Different SATA H.D.'s, different P.S., L.G. Sata writer, changed Sata cables and new power cables but regardless of accessories and parts I cannot load Win 7. It installs normally up to the time it is about 3/4 finished and a windows pops up say it cannot load windows because it can't locate certain files? I tried a USB, CD and the new dvd. I have tried to load it maybe 10 times with the same results, any ideas?
    get all the same ram first. 16mb min. if it can handle even 32, but i seems you have an old pc like my asrock alive dual esata2. also AMD
    clean all contacts already posted elsewhere.
    pls more detail about ram and HDD.
    did you read about capacitor-plague? there is even a forum about it.
    after that you could read my ultra-long thread from mid-june 2018 to get born again.It all started with defective PSU. reading needs a lot of time, nerves and knowledge.
    i bought multiple copies of my two MOBO-brands to find out if one of them is healthy. Even thought about replacing all capacitors as soon as i have got the sketches.
    Last edited by europanorama; 11-11-2019 at 10:32 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch