Thread: Netframework-Assistant-Firefox-Plugin-Removal- Unclear instructions

Hybrid View

Ultimate Member

Netframework-Assistant-Firefox-Plugin-Removal- Unclear instructions

From time to time on my old-winxp-hdds i must remove the netframework-assistant Firefox-Plugin.
    But there are unclear instructions:
    https://www.ghacks.net/2009/02/09/re...t-from-firefox
    1. deleting the content and not the folder DotNetAssistantExtension like in german instruction!! so fra so clear.
    Start Firefox. The add-on should not be in the list anymore.
    2. method two step 2
    In the Firefox user agent, reset the changes that you made in step 1. To do this, follow these steps:

Start Firefox, type about:configin the Firefox address bar.
    Scroll down or use Filter to find the following preference item:
    general.useragent.extra.microsoftdotnet
    Right-click this item, and then click Reset.
    Restart Firefox

WHY RESETTING CHANGES?
    Anyhow since i dont have
    general.useragent.extra.microsoftdotnet
    it doesnt bother me.
    3. I have the netframework assisstan 1.0 update. if that is what i need.
    the whole purpose is about netframework assistant firefox addon to be greyed out and cannot be removed.
    here the MS-explanation:

The process is apparently a bit more complicated for Firefox 3.1 beta versions as the Microsoft .Net Framework Assistant is not yet compatible with that version of Firefox and thus not completely installed.

Update: The extension is automatically installed when Windows is updated either manually or directly using Windows Update.

The main purpose of the add-on is to support .NET application deployment. The .Net Framework Assistant for Firefox which is included with the .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1.

It enables stand-alone "ClickOnce" applications to run from the Firefox browser.

Microsoft has published a support page that details how the .Net Framework Assistant can be removed from the Firefox web browser.

Install the update to .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 which installs the add-on on a per-user basis which enables the uninstall button in the Firefox Add-on Manager.
    Remove the add-on by deleting the {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} subkey in the Windows Registry. You find it for 32-bit systems in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extens ions and for 64-bit systems in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mozilla\Fi refox\Extensions.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Maybe i must find out myself the main purpose of this addon-removal or reinstallation. maybe on my old PC with FF 45.3.0 ESR(have also a hdd with 48.0.2(latest) this addon will never work.
    only want to be sure its not slowing down my pc. from time to time FF will crash no matter what is set in Shockwave-plugin. Maybe larger drive than 200gb! would help very much....thats why i am reflecting cloning. maybe better to 500gb and 500gb to 1 tb since systempartitions are set and not as large as they should be.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch