Thread: Removing old folder

Question Removing old folder

I have an on folder on my external drive that I want to remove. when I right click and choose delete this comes up - You require admission from Administrators permission from Administratoro make changes to this folder. date created 4/30/2014 How do I remove this folder ? when it fails Try again comes up, when when I push it, it starts, but then stops. I am the only user of this computer, am I not the Administrator ?

Thanks

1) Which version of Windows?

2) Do you have CCleaner installed?

Hi Spyware, my OS is Windows 10, and no I do not have CCleaner installed .

Would CCleaner resolve this issue ?

If you had CCleaner already installed, you ccould try selecting Options > Include > Add and then browse to the folder you want removed.

Another way that sometimes works is to try removing it after booting up in Safe mode.

If still no luck though, I'd temporarily boot from a Linux USB/DVD and use its File Manager to delete the folder. (Without Windows running, the folder is not protected by Windows).

Thanks Spyware, I will try booting in safe mode and CCleaner.

You're welcome. Got my fingers crossed. Let us know how it goes ...

How to take ownership and get full access to files and folders in Windows 10
    https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-take...in-windows-10/
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

I have the same issue, nothing helps

Temporarily boot from a Live USB/DVD and use its File Manager to delete the folder.

A Live CD/DVD or USB flash drive contains a complete bootable computer operating system (OS). When you boot a computer from it, the OS loads into, and then runs from memory instead of a hard drive. This allows you to run an OS without installing it or making any changes to a computer's current configuration.

To create one, download an ISO file containing the OS you want to use, (such as Ubuntu, Slax or Zorin), then use something like ISO Recorder to burn it to a CD/DVD or USB key.

Boot your computer from this disc/key and your computer will be running that OS instead of the one on its hard drive.

Now simply use its file manager to delete the folder, then reboot your PC from the hard drive as you normally would.