Thread: Can not connect to internet exploer

Can not connect to internet exploer

Hi I've just set up my wifi every thing seems fine but I can't connect to the internet. Can some one please help.

More info needed. How do you know your wifi is fine? Do you have other devices connected to it? What is the make/model of the router? What encryption are you using?

What is the make/model of the problem computer? What OS are you running? Does it connect to the wifi network or not? Did you check the IE proxy settings? Did you try other browsers?

Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    More info needed. How do you know your wifi is fine? Do you have other devices connected to it? What is the make/model of the router? What encryption are you using?

What is the make/model of the problem computer? What OS are you running? Does it connect to the wifi network or not? Did you check the IE proxy settings? Did you try other browsers?
    Hi every thing is running from the router apart from my lap top, which is a hp Pavilion dv8387ea and it's running xp pro. It has picked up my wifi and has a excellent signal but it will not connect to the internet explorer. The router is a plusnet router

Is it at least XP SP3? MS dropped support for XP over 4 years ago.

Did you check the IE proxy settings? Did you try a different browser? You'd have to get an old version of Chrome or Firefox, if anything. IE8 hasn't been patched in years, so you'd be better off with a third party browser anyway.

The router is a plusnet router
    That still doesn't tell me much about the wifi network. What encryption are you running? It looks like that laptop only has 802.11g, so it may have issues with WPA2-AES.

http://www.notebookreview.com/notebo...ew-pics-specs/

Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Is it at least XP SP3? MS dropped support for XP over 4 years ago.

Did you check the IE proxy settings? Did you try a different browser? You'd have to get an old version of Chrome or Firefox, if anything. IE8 hasn't been patched in years, so you'd be better off with a third party browser anyway.

That still doesn't tell me much about the wifi network. What encryption are you running? It looks like that laptop only has 802.11g, so it may have issues with WPA2-AES.

http://www.notebookreview.com/notebo...ew-pics-specs/
    Thank you for your help. After reading your link I think it might be time to get a new laptop. Or is there a way I can up grade this one.

It would not be worthwhile to upgrade such an old laptop.

Wifi

Thank you for all your advice. Happy New Year