Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ever had a battery backup that had

Wow, sure sounds like fun, and interesting. You should write it all down, make a book.

Ages ago, when I was maybe 9-10, some of us kids would go out with one of our Uncles and cousins a couple of times shrimping. He had an old shrimp boat, and big nets. Down around Beaumont/Port Authur, TX area somewhere.

Personally, I didn't really enjoy trying to catch fish. When it comes to hunting though, I'm there. And if it moves, it's dead.

That was just until I was 28. You should hear about the rest of my life, it's been a trip I can tell you.

Hunting never interested me except with a camera, but my older brother, six years older than me, and you would get along great. I believe he owns every hunting gun ever made. LOL

My other brother, the one just four years older than me, was the commercial shrimper though he started out as a deep sea fisherman, he switched to shrimp boats later after my sojourned life as a shrimper.

This how I ended up being more boy than girl. I grew up under these boys. Doing things they did, not what girls did. I never liked wearing dresses or makeup. And I still don't.

A bit like my oldest sister, a couple years younger than me. She's always been more of a tomboy. Climbing trees, building cabinets/furniture, remodeling houses, drives all over the U.S. in a motor home. She's a Professor, Master's Degree, written books.

I'm the only one in my family to have college degree, but not a Master's. B.A. is as far as I went but I got that when I was 49. And the only traveling, per se, I did on my own, was drive myself to and from Arkansas to Minnesota after my husband passed away. But I've traveled the U.S.A with others and with my husband.

Congrats on getting a B.A. at 49!

Last long trip I took was in my black Lincoln pickup to haul some stuff, (in an 8'x16' black cargo trailer), up to the cottage. Also took a mess of tools and replaced the flooring throughout the entire cottage. Looks so much better. Happy wife, happy life!

My husband to be, and his brother in law made a three month trip to Washington in a pickup truck. Sleeping outside, all the way out there. It was fun for me because I'd never done anything like that before and it took us three months because we played along the way. Fishing the streams, or the rivers, like the Snake and the Colorado. Camping beside the Snake and fishing there the next morning to have trout over a camp fire for breakfast. The only photos I have are the ones in my memory because in those days I didn't even think to bring a camera. Well, I didn't own one then. After arriving in Bremerton, at brother in law's father's house, we stayed there a week to head back to Florida taking the southern route.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Oh to be young again, eh? Used to really enjoy camping.

Speak for your self Doc. I may be old, but I refuse to grow up. LOL

I am kind mad at Newegg right now. I ordered an external enclosure using my PayPal credit, and waited a week for them to ship. In the mean time, I tried to log in, Newegg tells me my customer ID is wrong. So, I call customer service, get a rep after jumping through hoops, and he says I have two other accounts listed. With two different emails. So, he supposedly eliminates the other emails, and puts my gmail in there. Day later, I try to log in, and it tells me my gmail is incorrect or my password is incorrect. I never changed my password. But get this, yesterday I get an email in my gmail account from Newegg that they have cancelled my order because they couldn't verify my PayPal. If they're saying my gmail account isn't valid, how the hell did they send me an email there? I'm calling them tomorrow and if they don't fix this, I'm done with them. I've been a Newegg customer for over 15 years, and now I get this ****.

Have they been hacked lately or something?

Newegg called me and finally got it right. I'm back in with the correct email address and a reset password. LOL The customer service rep was a woman, so see, we women do know more than men. I had to say it, you know. LOL She said the guy I talked to two days ago never took out my other email that he said he was going to and it was still registered at Newegg. This time when I logged in, it wasn't showing, my gmail was. YAY!!

What a fiasco. Hate it when the person that is supposed to be helping me fix a problem is also a helpless problem. <grrr>

Yes! Yay Women!

I do still buy from Newegg, it's rare though. 1) The price has to be low enough, and 2) I'm not in a particular hurry to get it.

When is your external enclosure supposed to arrive?

It's not. Unfortunately with this fiasco, Newegg cancelled the order saying they couldn't verify the funds with PayPal.
    I'll just till payday and get one from Amazon.

Btw, husband's brother in law, we took to Florida, met my sister, Jean and they got married so he ended up being my brother in law after all.

Ow, hurt my brain for a second there. You and your husband have the same brother-in-law. That's keeping it in the family eh?

Yep. He was married to my husband's sister, who passed away a year or two before I met my husband to be. Then when we made the trip out west, and ended up in Florida with him in tow, we introduced him to my sister, and the rest was history, as they say. They were still married when my sister passed away, after my return to Florida 30 years later.

but interesting.

Don't know if we'll ever go back to Florida. Way too many "OMG! Yet Another Hurricane!". We do have to put up with some snow but, at least I don't have to worry so much about it Demolishing my home.