Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ever had a battery backup that had

Southern Florida has escaped the hurricanes this year, the northern half not so. I live on the east coast not far from Daytona, and we haven't had any really bad weather here this year. A few rain storms is about it, but no hurricane weather.

That's definitely good news. Got my <fingers-crossed> for ya'll.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, Doc.

Thanks. We went to Greensburg, PA to celebrate with ~25 family members. Stayed overnight and then came back the next afternoon.. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

How was yours? Happy, festive and plenty to eat?

It was great actually, what is left of the brothers and sisters (5) got together, had turkey and ham and all the fixings, children free, that was the best part. LOL You have no idea what it's like when the kids show up and how many there are in this larger than life family.

When I left here in 84, the kids were still kids, when I came back in 2008, those kids had kids.

While it is true I have no idea about all of your famiy's kids, I do know we dearly love the passel of kids that show up at every family gathering. And you're right, they grow up all to quickly.

Our kids are now scattered all over the USA so it's hard for them to come home for holidays. And the children they've had, some don't even know they have Aunts and Uncles such as myself, or my brothers and sisters. My great granddaughter for instant, didn't know about her uncle Jerry or uncle JR, my brothers, she kept talking about her family (meaning her dad) and didn't know she had other family (mine). It's just weird, how little the children of children know so little about their extended family.

Back to my desktop. I've decided to just order new ram in the correct speed instead of trying to test this ram I have and buying a new monitor to test it out. I don't need an extra monitor. Once I get the new desktop up and running the laptop will be retired again to use another time if and when the desktop breaks again. Hopefully never again, or until I decide to upgrade.

Sounds similar to what I do. Depend on my favorite Desktop and only drag the old laptop when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady95 View Post

It's just weird, how little the children of children know so little about their extended family.
    I agree, it is rather weird. When I was young we knew our extended families from both sides. There were so many though it was hard to keep track of who belongs to who.

New memory ordered this morning.

And I still have a pending order in PayPal on that enclosure even though Newegg cancelled the order. I don't have a way to cancel it in PayPal either, guess I'm going to have to call them next week and try to straighten that out.

Cool.

Abhor having to place a phone call, listen through gazillions of options, then wait on hold for no-telling how long while being forced to listen to repeating ads. <grrr> Shoot me ...please!

Ordered memory is still in packaging status even though they've already taken the money from my bank and given me a tracking number. I'll check again tomorrow and if there isn't a estimated time of arrival Newegg is getting a phone call. grrr!!!

Yep, it's that time of year for shippers. And if you didn't pay extra to get it to you quickly, your poor little package is going to be at the bottom of at least a bazillion other packages. Got my fingers crossed for you.

I forgot about holiday shipping, I should have paid for shipping and it would have been here sooner. Before holiday shipping, I used to get it in three days. Now I just have to wait. Darn it! LOL