Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ever had a battery backup that had

Oh, goody!! Christmas music at Newegg on hold waiting for a rep. lol

I don't have speakers on my computer, for lots of reasons. But mainly cause I never bought any and I learned that they were annoying when my husband was alive, it kept the peace between us. I used to play online games that played noises and music. After awhile, I just didn't care need to hear the noise or music to play those games myself.

Now I listen to YouTube on my phone. And listen to the radio or cds on my brothers stereo outside in the carport at night.

Don't know if I could survive without decent sound systems. Like this:

<Drool!>

Dam Doc!! How old did you say you were? LOL

At Newegg, we got "in transit" finally. Still no estimated time of arrival though.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady95 View Post
    Dam Doc!! How old did you say you were? LOL
    Crank it UP! (No, not Rap!)

"If it's too loud, your too old!" Maybe that's why I don't hear so good?

Quote Originally Posted by photolady95 View Post
    At Newegg, we got "in transit" finally. Still no estimated time of arrival though.
    Like I said, we've been spoiled by Amazon.

Got estimated delivery date, Friday December 7th. One week from ordering. I've never had Newegg take one week even with free shipping, it was 3 days. But I guess it wasn't during the holidays that happened either. Been too long ago to remember those days and yes, Amazon has us spoiled. But Amazon wanted $126 for the same memory that's why I went with Newegg.

I'd buy hearing aids, if they weren't so expensive. But the two brothers who live with me don't hear good either, so what would be the point of me hearing good, but them not? I'd still be shouting or repeating what I said every minute of the day. LOL

Cool, arriving just in time for the weekend.

I do have a right ear hearing aid around here somewhere. It used to work okay, but now it doesn't help enough to be worth the trouble.

You knew Train was completely deaf, he finally got hearing aid, it didn't help, he still couldn't hear, and if he was talking and you tried to say something, bless his heart, he still didn't hear you and would go right on talking about what he was trying to explain to you. LOL Teri had to tap him on the arm and say, Jim, she's trying to tell you something.

That's right, I remember now. Thankfully, I'm nowhere near that bad. A lot of different sounds all at the same time, like in a crowded restaurant, etc., and I have a real hard time understanding what someone at the table is saying. It's just a mass of muddy noises. I also have tinnitus (for years now) which doesn't help matters.

That's my problem too. Too much noise around me, even here at the house, if my brother's tv is on, and I hear the sound in my left ear, I can't hear what he's saying in my right ear. If they would speak directly at me, I can hear what they say, but they tend to not do that either. And both do are the same as me, if you're not speaking to them face to face, they don't hear what you're saying and they tell me, I need a hearing aid? LOL
    One of my only two sisters left, talks so low none of us can hear what she says but she doesn't think she's talking that low. She says she hears herself fine, it's us that can't hear that are the problem. My last sister that passed away last year, did that when her hearing got so bad you nearly had to shout for her to hear you. I'm wondering now if my other sister is losing her hearing and afraid she doesn't want anyone to know. This is the one that said she'll never get old. She'll be 77 in December.

77's getting up there but, you never know. She could still be kicking around another 20-30 years.

As far as your "if they would speak directly at me" goes, I'm the same. Watching the speaker's mouth helps immensely.

Not when her memory is as bad as it is and her heart isn't up to snuff either. She recently had a valve change. She found she can't do somethings did before the surgery. And she just is going to have accept the fact she can't do what she used to do. I know when I get her age, I'm not going to be able to do the things I do now either. But at least my heart is in good shape, it's my lungs that limit what I can and can't do.

Yep, that's one reality that's hard to accept as the years tick by: not being able to do what you once had no problem doing. Another is the pain. What still does work, usually hurts. Worn, damaged and/or rusted out.

Get'n old is NOT for sissy's!