Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ever had a battery backup that had

Sounds like a plan.

I think it was Sunday when Newegg had new Asus VZ229H 21.5-inch IPS LED monitors with slim bezel, HDMI and VGA, built-in speakers and a three-year warranty ... for $69.99 with promo code EMCEEPX22. They ran out of 'em though.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...a24060f&cm_sp=

Black Friday and Cyber Monday aren't too far off though.

True on the black Frirday and Cyber Monday but I don't get paid until the first and the 3rd, and both days are pay out bills days. so I have to be careful what I spend if I want the money to last all month, plus I have presents to buy for daughter that month, two brothers (usually I buy scratch offs for them) or some gadgets, they're gadget nuts like me, though not computer gadgets, more like flashlights or cigarette lighter types. LOL Daughter likes, lenses, and elephants in different poses or elephant earrings, jewelry, etc. She loves elephants and has since she was a wee lass.

As for buying from Newegg. I usually buy monitors from Amazon so I get them with free shipping, and within two days. I'm a prime member there, have been since 2012.

SuperSparks was the one that convinced me to go Amazon. I finally decided to give them a try, and am glad I did. I buy everything near about from them. Clothes (my Levi's), computer stuff, coffee, Keurig pot, fishing gear, camera gear, etc.

Know what you mean. They deliver stuff to us a couple of times a week. Some weeks, it's close to daily. Since our home in Maryland is close to one of their warehouses, we often get same day, or at least next delivery. Takes a bit longer when we're up at our lakefront cottage in northern Michigan, usually 3 days. Some folks say Prime membership is too much at $119 per year, but it save me way more than that in fuel alone. Much less fighting the traffic, trying to find a parking space, and the crowds. Love Amazon.

My previous car, a Mercury Grand Marquis LS needed a new manifold, a garage wanted to charge me $800 to repair it. I found another mechanic that my family used for years who said he do it for $200 labor if I bought the part. I told him I could get the part to him the in two days time, he said no way I could do that. I said, hide and watch. I already had the part in my list of things I want at Amazon, and ordered it as soon as the man said he'd put it in. It came the next day, I took it to the shop and my mechanic still hasn't figured out how I got that part, that fast.

Oh, and I saved $400 using this mechanic instead of the garage. LOL

Amazon has saved me so much money since signing up for Prime membership, I don't complain about how much it cost now, I enjoy that it costs me less in the long run.
    Last edited by photolady95; 11-13-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Right? You can even use primenow.amazon.com or the Prime App to get

Two-Hour Delivery

in select areas on tens of thousands of daily essentials and groceries.

Free

Same-Day delivery

and one-day shipping in more than 8,000 cities and towns.

Two-day shipping on 100+ million items. And even secure In-car and/or In-house delivery if you like.

Early Black Friday deals (Nov 1-15). Prime Music. Prime Reading (books and magazines). Thousands of TV shows and movies on Prime Video. Audible Channels, Prime Wardrobe, Whole Foods Market, Exclusive deals, Prime Rewards, Amazon Photos, Alexa shopping, and more.

And Sears wonders why no one shops there anymore? Dude, get a clue!

I have Kindle unlimited ebooks, I read on my 7 inch phone. I don't do movies though cause I have cable with a dvr box, so if I see a movie or program I want to watch, I just record it, then I can watch and fast forward through the commercials, and a blu-ray player with lots of dvds. Our internet isn't fast enough for streaming and I'm not paying for it, so I can't bump the speed.

But I love everything else about Amazon. I pay by the month so it's a bit more expensive for me, but easier this way. It comes straight out of my bank and I don't have to worry about forgetting to pay it.

Yep, my wife has a Kindle Paperwhite and I use the Kindle App on my Samsung Galaxy Note. We also still use Blu-Ray ... occasionally. (Have a Blu-Ray burner in my W7U PC). The Blu-Ray player at the cottage gets used the most by all the kids. Two 3' wide x 3' tall racks of DVDs and some Blu-Rays, as well as a box that's half full in the adjacent closet. Often times though, they leave it going even when they are ALL out playing in/on the lake. <shrug>

No commercials in Amazon TV and Videos. (Or Netflix). And when they do come on, on TV, I change channels.

Our 100 Mbps Verizon FIOS runs $39.99/per month.

We have 100Mbps but I just haven't tried streaming. Don't know how it would do either Netflix or Amazon's one. I used to have Netflix's DVD because I copied their dvds. But don't do that any more. If there is a movie I want, I just buy it.
    I like murder mysteries. I like Murder, She Wrote best and I'm collecting her series. But I also like Harry Potter, which I already have that set. And action, films like Rush Hour, love Jackie Chan movies. Just for the comedy/action stuff.
    Don't have kids young enough to come watch movies with me anymore. Even the grand kids are adults now, with kids of their own. And don't live close to come to grandma's.

I'd be willing to bet that close to 90% of the reason everyone shows up at our cottage is because of the lake, and our lake 'toys': Jet Skis, 25' pontoon, 14' boat, Lily Pads, Dock w/Deck, Boat House w/Deck on top, Campfire, ... But, we love it.

Shoot, Doc, I'd come visit for just that reason. I was raised living on the water. I'm a river rat.

My next to last sister also loves the water, especially fishing. The back yard of the house she grew up in south Florida was on a small lake. She almost lived on/in the water.

When I was born, my father owned a fish camp. We had seven acres that was located right on the water. He had several shrimp boats all made of wood, they were made by a local man named Myers and were called Myers boats. He shrimped, and fished and sold shrimp all up and down the east coast.

At that time, shrimping was done by dipping shrimp with a net, no wing nets allowed then. But in years to come, my father got older and sicker and my mother wanted to move to the "city" we ended up selling the fish camp and they built this house I live in now. But we're close enough to the same river I grew to love and as a teenager. I clammed and gathered oysters.

As an adult, with my husband I made a living clamming and oystering, before that time, I went on a shrimp boat in the ocean and had the time of my life making a living that way. I never once got sea sick.

I even tried deep sea fishing but that wasn't for me, when the boat and crew I was with was a bust. When the boat I was on, lost a motor, and the bilge pump quit, the radio went out and we were adrift just outside the shipping lanes in St. Augustine. We finally made it back to port, and standing on the dock waiting for me were my two brothers and a brother in law, looking very angry. LOL I told them I was fine, I was an adult after all, and knew where I was, even if they didn't. Suffice it to say, I didn't go out on that boat again. And I didn't get asked to go out on that boat again either, I believe my brothers made a point to the captain, that this was not a good idea.

I could write a book on my exploits.
    Last edited by photolady95; 11-14-2018 at 09:56 PM.