Thread: FireFox blocking content on certain websites, Midknyte

FireFox blocking content on certain websites, Midknyte

and I've turned off their Content blocking used to be Tracking blocking in previous version, 62.

I am a moderator on PentaxForums.com and some photos are being blocked from me viewing them because of this Content Blocking on FireFox. I need to be able to see those photos and it doesn't help me do my job if I can't see them.

In the previous version when I turned off Tracking blocking, I could then see the photos. Is there anything I can do or should I revert back to version 62?

And yes, I turned off the Blocking Content, it didn't help.

Are you sure that it's content blocking? Do you have an adblocker like ublock origin installed? If so, try disabling it for that site.

You could also try using Firefox ESR instead. ESR is on 60.3.0 now.

No it isn't ublock origin causing it. It was the Tracking protection before in version 62, and I turned that off, then in 63, it's Content Blocking, I turned that off too but it's still blocking certain members photos. It's not blocking all photos, just ones from certain members.

Hmm. I'll have to look if there are any new config settings. That seems odd if it's only happening to certain members.

Can you see the pics with a different browser?
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Haven't tried a different browser. Will do that today. Uninstalled chrome when I installed FireFox. Never activated IE. But my point was, Steve, it worked fine in FireFox ver. 62, now it doesn't in 63.

You could try testing with a clean FF Portable. Then you'd know if it was one of your settings or addons that's causing the problem. You could also try FF ESR and see if that works.
    https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
    https://portableapps.com/apps/intern...x-portable-esr

There is also a Portable Chrome if you want to try that.
    https://portableapps.com/apps/intern...hrome_portable

IOW, the first goal is to try and figure out if the problem is actually your Firefox or something else.

I've decided to wait til I get the desktop up and running and run FireFox ESR instead. Since Midknyte has been running this one and has advised it's the better version for years now. LOL Thanks old guys.

I only said that because of the recent new member who doesn't know I'm an old hand at computers and doesn't know, that's the first thing I would have checked. LOL
    And I thought the "old" would get you all's attention.

Don't know what happened but for some reason it righted itself. It is now letting me see those photos that I couldn't see before. It might have been others couldn't see his photos either, and complained to the webmaster and he fixed it. Who knows but all is right now. so consider this one solved.