Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on wifi extender

I still need to change my color scheme. Looks awful as it is now.

Not hard to do . . . if you stay with the Windows 7 stuff that is.

I did already. I had a photo of my great granddaughter I took while I was in Jacksonville and I put that up as my desktop and changed the color scheme as a darker blue color. Lots better now.

Yes, it does.

And wifi printer is working too. I just typed something in word and sent to it to the printer, works great. No more ink jet.

Silly me. I forgot to turn off the little thing in device manager under "network adapters, that shuts off the computer" to save power. Got up this morning and computer was turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady95 View Post
    I wanted to show you something. I can't return the router because there still isn't anything in my order history to show I ordered this router so I have no order number to get an RMA with.

<** deleted link **> no new orders.jpg </** deleted link **>
    Reason for ** deleted link ** was because it showed a "Tracking#" ... privacy concern.

I saw G.Skill listed but it wasn't the entire page. I do get what you mean though, there is nothing there to click on to get a RMA number. Makes one wonder though how, without an order number, they were able to charge you though ... and then give you a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady95 View Post

Silly me. I forgot to turn off the little thing in device manager under "network adapters, that shuts off the computer" to save power. Got up this morning and computer was turned off.

--

Also good to hear the printer is up and working on WiFi. Just got our new Ethernet/WiFi/USB Epson ET-4750 Copy/Scan/Fax/Printer setup about a week ago. Works great, from anywhere (with internet) and from our smartphones.
    I'll bet that gave you pause for a sec. Especially before coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Reason for ** deleted link ** was because it showed a "Tracking#" ... privacy concern.

I saw G.Skill listed but it wasn't the entire page. I do get what you mean though, there is nothing there to click on to get a RMA number. Makes one wonder though how, without an order number, they were able to charge you though ... and then give you a refund.

--

Also good to hear the printer is up and working on WiFi. Just got our new Ethernet/WiFi/USB Epson ET-4750 Copy/Scan/Fax/Printer setup about a week ago. Works great, from anywhere (with internet) and from our smartphones.
    I'll bet that gave you pause for a sec. Especially before coffee.
    Didn't think about that tracking number being there, should have blacked that out before saving jpg. duh! it had been one of those days, ya know. LOL

And I've been up since 6:30 and on my second cuppa. I haven't sync'd printer to my phone yet. Fact is, I'm not sure I know how. Never done that before. Not sure I even want to. The less my phone connects to anything network, the better I like it. Privacy thing you know. Course I realize it would make it easier for me to print things from my phone but I really don't do anything on my phone that needs that capability. All I do is text my daughter, my friend in Virginia and my grand kid, or my niece. My brothers don't do texting nor do my sisters.

I had a really strange thing happen after all this though. I went back to the laptop to remove some photos I left on there, and Microsoft wouldn't let me log in. Said I needed to use the password I used the last time I logged in with. I was using the password I had logged in with, half hour ago. I wonder if it's because I put Office 2010 on this and it's on the laptop as well. But this version I have is meant for three computers. I should be able to install it on this computer and the laptop without any problems.
    The message said, You can't log in today. You should go to "something.live.com" can't remember what the something was. Ever heard of anything like that?

Thanks Doc. Got to reset password and make a new one. YaY!!! I'm a happy camper now.

I'm wondering if I could still use that extender since I can't send it back it's been to long for a return, I could set it up to use the Ethernet through it to the printer to get the firmware update? I have a cable long enough from the printer to the extender's Ethernet port.