Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Need advice on wifi extender

Yep, just confuse the computer with both. Years ago, XP days, I also had a printer with both LPT and USB. I had the LPT going to my wife's computer and the USB to mine. Worked great.

In the computer world we LPT, in the photography world we LBA (lens buying addiction), so my brain trying to remember LPT, kept going to LBA. LOL

Pretty sure my Dad also had a type of LBA disease. He had more camera gear than sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Pretty sure my Dad also had a type of LBA disease. He had more camera gear than sense.
    Aw, come on Doc, a photographer can never have too much camera gear. Just ask me. LOL. I have four cameras, and am about to buy a fifth, though I have to say, I've given away three in the past two years along with seven lenses, to family members only though. I still have more lenses than I need or use but who knows, maybe one day I'll use that lens stuck back in the corner shelf, I've been meaning to give a try to see how good it it actually is.

Yea but you're devoted to and good at photography.
    Why thanks, Doc. But are you saying your dad bought more gear thinking it was the gears problem if his photos didn't come out the way he thought they would?

I know a lot of would be photographers who thought the gear was to blame. And it's not the gear that makes photographs, it's the user behind the gear. Sort of like our PEBKAC errors.

His Dad (my Grandpa) made a living as a photographer, so I guess Dad was trying to carry on the tradition? He did create some nice macro/closeup stuff but that is all I really remember. He was an excellent carpenter however.

His Dad (my Grandpa) made a living as a photographer, so I guess Dad was trying to carry on the tradition? He did create some nice macro/closeup stuff but that is all I really remember. He was an excellent carpenter however.
    So, he inherited his dad's gear? That's different than going all out and buying more than you need, Dpc. Unless he added to what he got from his dad. Perhaps your dad just realized he like working with wood more than he liked working with cameras and lenses.

As far as I know, Dad didn't have anything that used to be Grandpa's. Grandpa was more into, Portrait, Studio and some Wedding stuff. Had a huge darkroom, a lot of old film stuff, slides, enlargers, I don't even know what most of it all was. I was still a kid though, maybe 9 or so when we passed through there in the late 50's, so didn't know much yet.

My husband and I rented from a man once who's father was the town's photographer, who owned a lot of photography gear, old enlargers, studio equipment, and such. Unfortunately, at that time, I was not interested in photography and though the man sold his dad's equipment, I, not being interested, didn't take advantage. I regret that now. He had top notch equipment I could have gotten for cheap.

Know what you mean. Wish I had known what I know now way back when.

Know what you mean. Wish I had known what I know now way back when.
    Me too, Doc, me too.