Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Win7-64-keys are working?

Ultimate Member

Which Win7-64-keys are working?

again i need to know how to handle again the authentification-problem i have with Microsoft. had three key from one dealer for 1 pc, two hdds, 1x HDD, 1x SSD.
    for the second one he told its only working for the SSD.
    then the problems began. only want to tell from latest. since dealer didnt reply i bought a third one from a different one which seems now blocked too.
    1. i stopped windows update instead was using updatepack from winfuture.
    2. i cleaned and used defraggler. deleted what cleaner(windows-integrated) found. no threads. maybe these two with using the updatepacks caused the blocking. black desktop. on both SSD(since more than one month), only stopped using it. cleaning etc was done on HDD. good i have a clone which is not yet affected.
    any trials of change of whatsover, exchanging key(worked but MS didnt accept) didnt work. official activication is nonvisinble and link to solving the problem are dead, even have no MS-phone-option.
    What next? will i loose new key the trying to exchange?
    should i contaxt MS to unblock and then exchanging keys?
    3. will clone and text exchanging.
    And i have a new code and link to DVD.
    and i will get DVD and i will ask if the label matches the official MS-rules.
    Could get an OEM complete.
    I AM VERY UPSET AGAINST MS! Thought i had peace after the months long PC-troubles. maybe i should shut down all of them and go analogue.
    only must know: can i clone my drive, can i exchange my MOBO for an identical one, can i install the very same system on a second drive?
    last nonworking keys were volume-keys.

OEM Versionen (Original Equipment Manufacturer) bieten dem Käufer den enormen Vorteil die gleiche Software zu einem deutlich günstigeren Preis zu erwerben. In Deutschland ist der Erwerb, Vertrieb sowie die Nutzung von OEM-Versionen vollkommen legal. Sprich, der Handel von OEM-Versionen auch ohne Bindung an Hardware ist rechtskräftig gestattet.
    I am buying in Germany but are in Switzerland. nearby.
    Thanks
    Last edited by europanorama; 10-26-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    i am getting now this:
    To download Windows 7 Ultimate from Microsoft website you need a
    retail key ,this is an activation key.
    With an activation key, it`s not possible to download system files from
    Microsoft
    that means i cannot replace the actual key which MS seems to have blocked?
    How about the special installation over the old one by keeping programs and data?
    could try but i will first clone that drive. would be better.
    pls explain the differences of the keys. someone offering a Dell-version. the one above is named OEM on iso-filename.
    I didnt use that installation tool by MS on an earlier key. i simply used Nero to burn DVD.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    want to safe my older harddrives. best would be calling up MS like last time. if i find a number in D.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

How-To Geek > Cheap Windows 10 Keys: Do They Work?

CHRIS HOFFMAN @chrisbhoffman
    OCTOBER 24, 2018, 6:40AM EDT

Microsoft charges $200 for a Windows 10 Professional product key. But, with a quick search online, you can find websites promising Windows 10 Pro keys for $12 or even less. That’s a huge savings—but don’t fall for it.

Why Are They So Cheap?

The websites selling cheap Windows 10 and Windows 7 keys aren’t getting legitimate retail keys straight from Microsoft.

Some of these keys just come from other countries where Windows licenses are cheaper. These are referred to as “gray market” keys. They may be legitimate, but they were sold for cheaper in other countries. For example, Windows keys were once much cheaper in China.

Other keys could have been purchased with stolen credit card numbers. A criminal acquires some credit card numbers, purchases a bunch of Windows keys online, and sells them through third-party websites at a cut rate. When the credit cards are reported as stolen and the chargebacks occur, Microsoft deactivates the keys, and those Windows installations are no longer activated—but the criminal gets away with the money people paid for them.

Some keys may be education keys intended for students but obtained fraudulently.

Other keys may be “volume license” keys, which are not supposed to be resold individually.

On really sketchy websites, you may just be purchasing a completely fake key or an already-known key that was used to pirate Windows on multiple systems that has been blocked by Microsoft. An especially bad website might even steal the credit card number you use to buy the key and use it to start the credit card fraud game anew.

But Do They Work?

Okay, okay, so these keys are sketchy. But you’re wondering: Do they work?

Well, maybe. They often do work…for a while.

We once bought a Windows 7 key for about $15 from one of these websites. We stuck it in a virtual machine, and it worked for about a year. After that, Windows started saying we “may be a victim of software piracy.” Our Windows license was no longer “genuine.”

In other words, at some point in that year, the key we purchased was flagged as bad by Microsoft. It was probably purchased with a stolen credit card number, and it was eventually blacklisted on Microsoft’s servers. So it stopped working, and we’d have to buy a new key.

That’s just one anecdote, but it’s our experience. Your key may never work in the first place, it may work for a month, or it may never be blacklisted at all. It all depends on where the key originally came from, and you’ll never know where that was.

These Keys Aren’t Legitimate

[...continues...]

Ultimate Member
    It seems MS is not interesting in this Court ruling:

OEM Versionen (Original Equipment Manufacturer) bieten dem Käufer den enormen Vorteil die gleiche Software zu einem deutlich günstigeren Preis zu erwerben. In Deutschland ist der Erwerb, Vertrieb sowie die Nutzung von OEM-Versionen vollkommen legal. Sprich, der Handel von OEM-Versionen auch ohne Bindung an Hardware ist rechtskräftig gestattet.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    Google Translate
    OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) versions offer the buyer the huge advantage of purchasing the same software at a significantly lower price. In Germany, the purchase, distribution and use of OEM versions is completely legal. In other words, the trade of OEM versions without binding to hardware is legally permitted.
    If you have a problem with Microsoft, you need to take it up with them.

Ultimate Member
    There is Retail-key. can download from MS-site
    And Activation key where system cannot be downloaded from MS.
    And there is the label which must match original MS.
    MS PRODUCT KEY LABEL
    Echtheitszertifikat auf der Einzelhandelsverpackung
    Das Echtheitszertifikat ist ein Aufkleber auf der Software-Einzelhandelsverpackung und gibt Aufschluss über das Produkt, das vorgesehene Verwendungsland und das Herkunftsland. Das Etikett weist folgende Fälschungsschutzmerkmale auf:

Stichtiefdruck – ein spezielles Druckverfahren, das auf der Etikettoberfläche ein erhabenes, mit dem Finger fühlbares Relief hinterlässt. Die rechte Etikettenseite sollte sich glatter anfühlen als der Tiefdruckbereich auf der linken Seite.
    Kippeffekt – Wenn Sie auf das Etikett draufschauen und es dann in einem sehr flachen Blickwinkel neigen, indem Sie es z. B. von sich weg kippen, wird direkt unter dem Windows-Logo ein „M“ sichtbar.
    _____
    this tells everything about piracy

https://www.karg-und-petersen.de/ant...illionenhoehe/
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Sorry, I can only read and understand English.

Ultimate Member
    we had to learn english and french.....
    description how to identify if label is genuine.

got a new key. should i test it by exchanging on a system which worked with a volume key but is now blocked after multiple months.
    will it be blocked automatically, cannot be used anymore after new installation which was recommended?
    Will get an original new unused one from a trustful friend.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

“Volume license” keys are not supposed to be resold individually.

Ultimate Member
    eu-court has made a rule which is allowing selling but MS seems not interested to accept.
    one seller refused bank-payment where full adress was asked...

with volume keys I had big problems after 6 months or sooner with in total 4 keys from two sellers.
    How about OEM? Can i install twice on same PC on HDD 2tb and 500gb SSD?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    in german but higly interesting label-security
    https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/howtotell/hardware.aspx
    at Moderator: can you exchange key in title by keys pls?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Higly interesting-only german-test against pirats. chinese here
    tester bought software on ebay, get it tested by MS(didnt send them back...)
    ebay-seller closed doors. but still buyer got back money at least.
    https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techno...ment?showall=1
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

at Moderator: can you exchange key in title by keys pls?
    Done.

How about OEM? Can i install twice on same PC on HDD 2tb and 500gb SSD?
    I believe so, as long as they are never running at the same time.