Thread: Multiple screen video

Hybrid View

Multiple screen video

Hi everybody!

I went to bed and had 4 monitors working, I woke up and only one works now... All monitors seem to be functioning, no power surges and the computer had not rebooted. When I go to Display Setting, it has a very low resolution rather than the much higher resolution these cards support. When I try to ID multiple displays, it says it does not detect other displays. Usually there is a drop-down menu for allowing me to change settings for monitors 1 through 4. It also only shows a default driver loaded in Display Settings while the Device Manager says I have 2 ATI cards like the ones listed below.

Setup:
    Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4
    12 GB DDR3(unsure as to which DDR this really is)
    Dual video cards:
    Two ATI Radeon HD 4600 (been running this successfully for over 6 years in this computer)
    2 TB WD Black 7200rpm HDD
    Win 10 Pro build 15063

I've removed the driver and uninstalled the display devices from Device Manager.
    I've downloaded the latest drivers for the video cards (already had the most recent one installed for quite a while since these drivers have not been updated in a while...old cards)

If I reboot, one monitor works. If I remove and reinstall the items in the Device Manager, two monitors work, but they are simply replicated. In other words, the two displays both have my mouse moving on them when I move the mouse.
    I restored to my most recent restore point from 23 Nov early in the morning.

No changes to the computer that I know of.
    What troubleshooting steps should I take to get this back up and running?

Thanks for any help and please let me know if you need more info.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    When you remove the drivers, shutdown for a minute, then boot up. Could well have a flipped byte in the ram causing the problem.

Thanks for the reply, Train. Tried this. This gets me two screens mirroring each other rather than the 4 screens. Short of buying new cards to test the RAM issue, what other troubleshooting would anyone recommend?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Have you double checked all the multiscreen settings.

May want to to clear all of your present settings, reboot and start from scratch.Would not be the first time that has fixed problems. Hope it works.