Okay, so here's what I did to my Dell Inspiron 15 7559:

It had Windows 10 Home already installed on it. But I wanted Windows 10 Pro 64bit. So while I was in the running system, I used Minitool Partition Wizard to format the C drive. Knowing that it was gonna scream since I was in Windows, I restarted the machine to allow the partition program to format the C drive upon bootup. It seemingly did although it seemed like to happened too fast. But I figured things were okay.

So I figured I was ready to install the new Windows 10 Pro 64bit version of Windows on the laptop now. I got my thumb drive and made it into a bootable Win10 device (using Rufus) hoping it would install a clean version of Windows. When I finally figured out how to change the boot sequence in the Dell BIOS to USB drive, I inserted the thumb drive into the laptop. Rebooted the laptop. And got a BSOD mentioning 'PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA,...

So, I'm not sure what happened. I figured it didn't like the hard drive that was on the system so I swapped it out for an SSD drive, then an SSHD and the same BSOD occurred. I even installed an M.2 SSD but the same BSOD appeared yet again.

Should I try the classic install method using a Windows 10 Pro DVD? I have an external DVD drive that I can use to install the 'old school' way.

I'm stuck. Not sure what to do now. I welcome suggestions.