Thread: Constantly losing cardreader-winxp

Ultimate Member

Constantly losing cardreader-winxp

in winxp it happened multiple times over night that i had no more access to my usb-internal cardreader.
    cleaning contacts helped, also cleaning pc with TFC.
    maybe defrag would also help.
    first i had a problem with one sd-card. i have pairs for 3dstereo where two partitions are established by the installations-program. so i should see data of first partion. but on one card i couldnt see one folder.
    i could solve with mentioned steps. but now i dont have cardreader-drive anymore.
    deleting driver?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Disconnect it and leave disconnected for 2 or 3 shutdowns. Re connect it and it should be picked up.
    Yes usb connections, like others in computers, corrode and need cleaning. Pluging and upplugging 3 or 4 times tends to clean the contacts.

Ultimate Member
    Solved by deleting drive.
    Some manufacturers have found out that it would be clever to add doors to cardslots. Still 95% or more without.
    i ma plugging and unplugging a lot. e.g. during swap-process of partitions. making second partition visible and hiding them.
    Its about Stereodatamaker and assist(online-installation) program. Thats a new tool to twin or multiple certain canon-compact-camers for 3dstereo-photo/videos or single cams with special, also exotic task. now newest simple software out. Videosynch less than 30 secs. nothing special needed except SDM-switch on cables. see its yahoo-group.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Take notes. Bet that shows its ugly head again.

no you dont have to take any notes, just use window search feature if there is any inquiry going to be held in your mind.

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuapaul View Post
    no you dont have to take any notes, just use window search feature if there is any inquiry going to be held in your mind.
    Do we have to be ready now for philosophycal answers by you or about the real subject?
    Sometimes i have the feeling MS is just doing this exclusively for old winxp-users.....
    i had strange problems with cardreader and cards behaving totally different when switching winxp-pcs. There must be a theme. Maybe internal cardreader is too old. didnt use it so much. And the one which was advised is out of stock-not available anymore.
    Last edited by europanorama; 03-29-2016 at 12:50 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch