I have questions.
Im looking for a full-performance settings for my PC. I'll use for game development (w/ VS and MonoGame) and Gaming. So after a clean install...
Specs: Win 10 x64, GPU 750M i7
• Should I remove built-in features in windows 10?
• Is K-Lite Codecs realy necessary?
• What services can I disable that wont affect myself? (I won't use Xbox win10 platform)
• As a good computer user, I know what kind of risks I have. Is Windows Defender OK or I need AV and a Malware tool?
• MSConfig settings will help?
• Can I disable my Intel Graphics driver to set my GPU as default for my monitor or is there another way to do it? (I don't care about power usage).
• Is there a performance post with all information needed to perform a clean install and setup a new OS for the best settings performance ?
• There is another subreddit where should I serach for it?
Windows Defender is a AV program and works just fine.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version
Temp cleanup tool
TFC by oldtimer
K-lite is not needed, I use VLC
Have not had to chase down a codec since I started using it.
Features - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html
Yes, you can get rid of stuff you will never use, I do.
I hope you have a SSD , I use a 240 SSD For C:\ on most of my rigs. Even on my old Dell Optiplex 755 Running Win 10 Pro 64 bit.
Tags for this Thread