Thread: Dead new Battery after format

Dead new Battery after format

Hello,

i just formatted my Toshiba protege z930-b112 , and although there are still some drivers to be downloaded as they appear in the device manager, as soon as i remove the laptop from the AC, it shutdowns, both the new and old battery do the same, although before format, it was working perfectly.
    i suspect a software issue.

can anyone suggest, might it be that i need to download bios ?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Charger circuit has gone bad most likely.

On my 8 year old Toshiba, original battery, I would calibrate the battery a couple times during the year. Which actually calibrates the program that tells us how much battery is left.

To calabrate the battery, disconnect the AC, set the laptop to high power , play music/movie until it shuts down.
    Plug in AC, bootup, and immediately check for the power remaining. if over 10%, charge it up and do it again.
    10% or less, you are good to go.

Just a thought, you may have a bad install as windows failed to recognize that that is a laptop and did not install something.
    I would test that using a bootable linux cd/USB drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    Charger circuit has gone bad most likely.

On my 8 year old Toshiba, original battery, I would calibrate the battery a couple times during the year. Which actually calibrates the program that tells us how much battery is left.

To calabrate the battery, disconnect the AC, set the laptop to high power , play music/movie until it shuts down.
    Plug in AC, bootup, and immediately check for the power remaining. if over 10%, charge it up and do it again.
    10% or less, you are good to go.

Just a thought, you may have a bad install as windows failed to recognize that that is a laptop and did not install something.
    I would test that using a bootable linux cd/USB drive.

My Problem is that the computer shuts down as soon as i remove the AC, on both the new and old battery, and it only happened after i formatted.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Do a clean install and see if that works.