Thread: Locked me out thank to usb-changings in cmos-setup.

Ultimate Member

Locked me out thank to usb-changings in cmos-setup.

I have a ps2-keyboard which is on a usb-switch(with mouse-keyboard)-adapter to get access to two pc1. Wanted to replace it by a better usb-one. Good i didnt do. Of course would have kept the old one.
    Since i had a access-problem on a problematic drive in a docking-station where i can switch devices. I could not update canon-software imagebroweser ex. and drive/camera was newer shown. cardreader is ok.

First i thought it was a software-problem or antivirus interferring. After unsuccesful trials i had to idea to change usb-settings in cmos. sometimes when switching off and on again, functions could be reactivated. first i did deactivate usb in general. No chance of neigher keyboard nor mouse to be operational.... I had locked me out. Since keyboard is ps2 its now connected this was in PC directly. What would be the alternative with usb-keyboard?

Ok meanwhile i could enter cmos but old problem still unsolved. so i deactivated legacy usb. never understood that but at least drive is visible again. hoping i can update.
    maybe i should check device manager. winxp-systempartition is clean and defragged. Thanks for clarifications.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    "Legacy USB support provides USB functionality in environments where there normally is not USB support. Specifically, HP provides legacy USB functionality at:

* Power On Self Test (POST)
    * ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU)
    * Diagnostics
    * Environments which do not support USB natively

USB devices support hot-plug at the OS level. USB devices also support hot-plugging the devices in legacy USB mode, but this feature requires additional ROM support. The table below shows what minimum ROM version is required for hot-plug functionality of USB devices in legacy mode. Servers that support legacy USB are enabled by default. To disable legacy USB support, complete USB functionality must be disabled by disabling the USB Host Controller in RBSU under PCI Devices.

Legacy USB support requires a system ROM that includes this functionality. All servers shipping in 2003 will have full USB support, meaning they will support keyboard, mouse, floppy, CD-ROM, and will support hot-plugging floppy and CD in legacy mode unless noted differently in the table below. The following table shows the minimum required ROM version to support legacy USB devices."
    https://www.safaribooksonline.com/li...5/ch01s09.html

Ultimate Member
    1. Keyboard not working when legacy was not activated. AND maybe contact-problems with the cable. now stabilized.
    2. It was canon-camera-driver which was not installed or wrongly
    3. imagebrowser ex could not be installed, neigther from cd(btw:it was installed but update was/is not possible)nor from canons-site. silverlight was asked. installed before und during(after deinstallation). but at the end installation failed. yes avast was deactivated. has also to be to run TFC.
    maybe better going to photoforums or google.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    I do not use the camera programs, so best try their forums.

Ultimate Member
    All the solutions canon is providing are not working. maybe there is a confusion with the other programs from solution disk. There seems to be a problem with silverlight. but reaction of imagebrowser ex during installation is confusive. it will install silverlight during installation and or still alarm even if newest version is still installation. yes, rebooting made after deinstallation. maybe i will remove all canon programs and start with online-version of imagebrowser ex all over again, without silverlight. both antivirus avast and malwarebytes deactivated. maybe i will restart with avast removed alltogether. normally i am working with DIM when unloading image-material and not canon-programs. They have some very interesting features like Youtube uploader. or sound-option. e.g. funny: dog bowing when shot is done.....or baby laughing/Crying.
    but i must have installed it since camera-driver would be needed anyway.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    All the solutions canon is providing are not working. maybe there is a confusion with the other programs from solution disk. There seems to be a problem with silverlight. but reaction of imagebrowser ex during installation is confusive. it will install silverlight during installation and or still alarm even if newest version is ALLREADY INSTALLED. yes, rebooting made after deinstallation. maybe i will remove all canon programs and start with online-version of imagebrowser ex all over again, without silverlight. both antivirus avast and malwarebytes deactivated. maybe i will restart with avast removed alltogether. normally i am working with DIM when unloading image-material and not canon-programs. They have some very interesting features like Youtube uploader. or sound-option. e.g. funny: dog bowing when shot is done.....or baby laughing/Crying.
    but i must have installed it since camera-driver would be needed anyway.
    CORRECTION MADE
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    I remove the memory chip insert it into the USB adapter, then use windows explorer.

This post is really helped me a lot... Thanks