Thread: cd player

cd player

Hi every one. Every time I try to open photo's from a cd I can't see the photo to open, the only thing I see is a blue house ??? Please can some one help.

Rover 45

You need to give us more info. What OS? What photo app are you using? What is the file type of the photo? Did you copy the file off of the CD and onto your desktop?

CD Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    You need to give us more info. What OS? What photo app are you using? What is the file type of the photo? Did you copy the file off of the CD and onto your desktop?
    Hi Thank you for your reply. I am using Vista and I and trying to open the photos from the CD and open them in vista ??

What is the file type of the photo? Which app are you using? Paint? Try something like FastStone instead.
    http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Did you copy the file to your desktop yet? If you can't even copy the file, then it may be a problem with the CD itself.

CD

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    What is the file type of the photo? Which app are you using? Paint? Try something like FastStone instead.
    http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Did you copy the file to your desktop yet? If you can't even copy the file, then it may be a problem with the CD itself.
    Yes i have and I am able to seethe photos before I open them. but I used to be able to open the straight from the disk.

Rover45

If you can open the files from your desktop, then it's probably not a software issue. It sounds like something is wrong with your CD. I'd burn another copy or better yet, store it on an external HD. CD media doesn't last forever.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Figure 5 years for a cd unless special care is taken. I have some that I made in 2001 that still work. But I still update my cds / dvds every once in a while.

Might try a cd cleaner, I have saved some burned cds by using them.

EXAMPES:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=cd+c...leaner+machine
    Last edited by Train; 06-28-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Just to say thank you to you all for your help. Down to my local PC store for a cd cleaner. Regards rover45