Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Double your money Tip.

Double your money Tip.

Gather up all your cash.
    Gather up your faith and trust.

Open your own Bank.

Invest all your cash in your banks savings accounts, (we promise to pay the bearer' etc..

Now lend those savings to one and all for interest.

Instantly, your savings are doubled and earning a return in interest. At least that is what your accounts will tell ya.
    Now u can go live on credit because you are twice as wealthy.

Clever bloke, that lad that started the Bank of England.

The problem is that you need an awful lot of money to begin with, so much in fact that you'd not fall into the category of people who need more money.

Borrow it!

Zybch walks into a bank:

Zybch: Hi, I'd like a loan for $20,000,000 so I can start up my own bank
    Bank: Hahahahaha
    Zybch: I'm serious.
    Bank: Okay, perhaps you and your flying pig would care to step this way.
    Zybch: What?! I didn't bring JM along.

I always heard that the guaranteed way to double your money was to fold it in half.

Originally posted by tantone
    I always heard that the guaranteed way to double your money was to fold it in half.

oohhh yea..and quadruple it by folding it twice...

Listen to this... buy low and sell high. Maybe I can show you something in a credit card company

Originally posted by genesound
    Listen to this... buy low and sell high. Maybe I can show you something in a credit card company
    maybe I can show you something of some beach front property in Nebraska...

After you startup a credit card company, you should be able to build beachfront property anywhere at all.

Dallas TX?

I'm in Plano. What part of Big D are you in?

Originally posted by tantone
    Dallas TX?

I'm in Plano. What part of Big D are you in?
    Hey tantone, I've been reading you for awhile.

I was in Euless, but if I can manage to sell my house, I'm back to L.A. where I always find plenty of work, but then I've been in the business there for almost 30 years

I went to Dallas from L.A., to be chief engineer of a rather large broadcast video rental company that went bankrupt within a few months after I started, after a big song and dance.

I've been starving for 5 years in big D. Sad, Texas is my birth state, and where my elderly mother lives (in San Antonio, my birthplace), but I make like 3 or 4 (maybe 5 considering how busy it gets) times as much in L.A. freelancing. Seriously.

I'm so connected here in L.A. that the kids (well, midlife dudes, and very honerable guys) call me and just want me to show up and be their good luck charm, and they are mine. Kinda hard to replace that good vibration for me in Texas, where I'm the new guy, and the good ole boys can't get a clue, and me either.

I'm sorry to say, I'll be better off when my Texas experience is well behind me

That's too bad. I spent the first 21 years of life in CA (born and raised in the SF Bay Area)--minus my time in the Marines where you really don't consider anything else home but where you grew up--and I was happy as hell to get out. Any state that overhwhelmingly votes to elect Gray Davis is not my kind of place. They somewhat redeemed themselves by kicking him out and putting in the Governator, but still...

I make more in TX than I did in CA after leaving the corps by about 40% and there's no state income tax.

Although I'm in IT and IT REALLY sux!!! Companies have pretty much realized that they don't have to pay as much anymore for IT, require a lot more than they used to for a much lower salary, and there are enough people out of work where they'll get what they want.

San Antonio is nice. Austin is a lot better than anywhere else I've seen, but everyone in TX wants to live there so it's too expensive.

Been skulking around here since 99 (actually before that, but they changed forums or something and I had to re-register), but I don't post often. Too much going on.

I don't blame you at all, the Calif government sux. I was here in CA watching in disbelief the TV spots for Grey Davis, what a bunch of bald faced lies. This state will need more than one governator to get it back on a responsible track.

I like the TX government more, or dislike it less. It seems to be much more effecient, but then it has to be considering it's revenues.

I blame many of the IT woes on Clinton, at least in part. He was willing to ride, no, herald and promote the tide of the 'technology' (computer and internet) sector. Like we didn't have other, more valuable and stable 'technology' already in place, that wouldn't give rise to a huge stock market bubble. When the bubble burst, highly qualified jobs became a commodity.

Good luck,

Gene

Here's another interesting shot... I think if the maximum terms for presidents was increased to 3, that Clinton would have been defeated by a landslide, and Bush would have been a major victor 4 years ago regardless of Florida. Just a shot. What da ya think?

Sorry for highjacking yer thread, herosrest. If it weren't for the 10 minute limit, I'd retract my posit