Thread: Remote desktop

Remote desktop

Hello,

Few months ago I lost RDP for very unknown reason. It just simply stopped functioning after working just fine
    for a very long time. I did not change or add anything.
    I have 3 computers connected to Netgear WNDR4500v2 router which in turn connected to ATT NVG589 modem/router with automatic bridge.
    I can do local RDP inside the house using 10.0.0.x addresses but can't do my IP Addressort anymore.
    Logically I can only blame Microsoft Update or ATT router since I can do local RDP.
    I have researched this for awhile found two MS updates that can be responsible but after deleting both of them
    nothing got fixed.

Please help.

Forgot to add that TeamViewer works fine from outside.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Port forwarding maybe needed in the router.

In general, TeamViewer will always work if surfing on the Internet is possible. Hence, no firewall configuration is required. As an alternative to port 80 HTTP, port 443 HTTPs is also being checked. In addition, it is also possible to open only port 5938 TCP on the outgoing side. Data traffic should then be able to pass through on this port without any problems

I lost RDP

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    Port forwarding maybe needed in the router.
    I had RDP working fine for years. That means port forwarding is enabled for each computer. I also assigned a different port for each computer and changed port in registry under Terminal.
    It was working and just stopped. I even had set that one computer can be awaken from sleep while others can be awaken from that computer but not from the net. Now I can't reach any computer from outside.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    I sure hope some one can help out, because we are well beyond my knowledge now.

Thank you for trying.

Remote desktop

Gabriela - please start your own thread... Thank you..

Site Staff

After months of looking for a solution I found there problem originated. It was in ATT RG. I port forwarded block of addresses 3000-4000 long time ago and it was working fine for a long time but about 2 months ago it stopped. ATT ConnectTech deleted my settings and port forward all 3 ports (I have 3 computers) individually and everything is working again. This really does not make any sense but it works.

Glad you found the solution... That is a weird one...
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    ATT ConnectTech
    Googled it, seems lots of folks have problems with it,