Thread: cant uninstall an annoying software.

cant uninstall an annoying software.

I have this really annoying software all of the sudden driving me nuts with ads, it some how bypasses adblock and adblock pro, when i click the little link it takes me to a site that says how to remove it, but i cant find it anywhere, i've tried everything, malwarebytes doesnt see it search n destroy doesn't see it, and I'm getting realy frustrated with it, it even messes with the back button so i can't hit it to go back to the previous site i was on. the software is supposedly called safesaver. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this?

I also have avast anti virus, but i don't think that will be for long.

nothing, it removed a bunch of cookies, some other files, and when i reopen chrome, and look in the extensions it's not there but it still pops up when i do a yahoo or google search, also this bitsaver **** keeps reinstalling itself... this is very frustrating.

Went through all the steps in that link you gave me, it removed it....then when i closed out of chrome and went back into it 15 minutes later, it was back. I can;t seem to find it anywhere to remove it in my folders, this company should be sued.

Recommend visiting VirtualDr's "Intensive Care Unit" and following their "malware removal instructions". This will guide you through a few preparations, as well as instruction for posting your logs in that forum.

You can try using a program called ComboFix. It has helped me removed some malicious software that reinstalls because of a root kit.
    -- Mathias

Did you manage to fix this?