Thread: Laptop Battery lifetime HW hack

Question Laptop Battery lifetime HW hack

As far as I know, all the batteries on the market have a special program embedded in their uC blocking the batteries performance after a certain amount of time or cell recharges.

After 2-3 years constant care of your Li-Ion battery, you will surely encounter the phenomenom of dropping its duty cycle from 2 h to NONE (2-3 min) instantly. Well, depends on manufacturers mostly.

Is there a method to bypass this programming? I know that reverse engineering these uCs is difficult (impossible), and you cannot simply repogram the Processing Unit.

Off topic: is this thread considered hack topic? Do you support such threads, admin?:P

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Add a couple years, by calibrating the laptop battery.

This battery is about 7 years old.
    Calibrating the battery manually

is the part I use.

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...name=c00821536

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Immediately check the power level when you start it up. If less than 10% you are good. But if it is over 10%, fully charge the battery and do it again. Should be fine when you check the power on the next time you start to charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    Immediately check the power level when you start it up. If less than 10% you are good. But if it is over 10%, fully charge the battery and do it again. Should be fine when you check the power on the next time you start to charge it.
    Nice Guide! I will try it ASAP. I just need to get rid of the workplace junk.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Works fine with my Vista OS. Toshiba.