Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 install problem

no matter how many times i try to install the windows 7 updates it restarts

Not a whole lot to go on. ntfs.sys errors are usually related to a bad hard drive, but you already ran some tests.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is usually related to bad memory. You said you ran 3 passes of Memtest86+, though.

So you're saying that you didn't install SP1 and updates? Or was your Win7DVD already at SP1?

Did you check the motherboard for bad caps yet?

i dont know what you meant by checking the motherboard for caps i looked at that site, what am i supposed to do,

im gonna run some more tests, it is alot better than it was, but it still has the bluescreen popup when i try to do something on it, like the updates, but if i leave it alone it wont pop up, any of this making sense to you because im stumped

Go to the "How to Identify" page.
    http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=5

i looked and none of them to me looked bad, they were all flush to the board no bulges,could the dust interupt the connection

It's still strange that the hard drive was not detected earlier. It's fishy.

So the Win7 install complete without error from start to finish? Did you at least install SP1?

What else did you do after the install completed? Did you install drivers?

no i didnt install any drivers

So the Win7 install complete without error from start to finish? Did you at least install SP1?

What else did you do after the install completed?
    You still didn't answer the other questions.

i dont see anything on the cd that says sp1

Why don't you reformat and start new? If you have trouble with a new install, then it's either your ram, or bad sectors on your hard drive. You have to do diagnostics tests on both first or you are never going to pin down your problem.

I finally got logged in again after many years of being unable to. It feels good to be here again!

ive ran numerous test and dont know why but they all passed and nothing came up thats what so weird,ive done memtest i used the ubcd,diagnostics, they all came back with nothing, i think it might be time to take it to someone,maybe it is a badcap like Midknyte said i just didnt see anything that looked bad to me, doesnt mean there is or isnt a badcap on the motherboard

So the Win7 install complete without error from start to finish?
    Again, did the install complete cleanly? If you had to restart the installation, except for the normal reboot, then start over with a clean format. Allow the Windows setup to format the drive.

If the DVD doesn't say SP1, then you should download it separately. The first thing I do is install the service packs.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5842

when i tried to install it the first time it restarted during installation, so then i installed it after formatting the drive and it installed all the way, ok ill try that and let you know